1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anime Discussion!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by chivalrous, Jan 2, 2014.

1. chivalrous

I know your out there fellow otakus and veteran anime watchers. please tell me your favorite anime and as long as it is not bleach i will not bite your head of, because i have serious problems with Kurosaki Ichigo some of these problems include him using the quote "i do this to protect my friends" at this stage i think he "does this to feed his ego" and no matter what hes so goddammit dependant on bankai anyways... getting of track here, list your favorite anime and your most hated anime (or anime character) so we can discuss and complain.

My favourite anime is aoi no blue exorcist.
    And my least favourite anime is bleach because of ichigo kurosaki! he is as as worthless as orihime and sakura combined

#1 chivalrous, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I love Pokémon first season and Sailor Moon

3. chivalrous

i didnt mind the first season of pokemon but in my opinion pokemon origins is the best :grin:

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm all about oh man...

Negima Magister Magi : well the Manga more than the anime.

High school of the dead, Kaze no Stigma, Angel Beats, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Elfen Lied to name a few.

In case you didn't know I also love persona and the anime series that goes with the games.

5. chivalrous

At this point i feel like im the only one that has a hate anime im still praying that the highschool of the dead manga will update and as for kaze no stigma. that was a good anime and elfen lied was just average for me since i preferred mirai nikki over it. you may love a anime called baka to test. i found it excellent

6. Simple Thoughts

Yay Anime thread!

My favorite anime is Full Metal Alchemist. I also enjoy Fruits Basket, Trigun, ruroni Kenshin, Case closed (Detective conan), Darker than Black, ghost hound, Mushi-shi, and sooo many others :3

7. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh it has been awhile sense I have really watched anime. I tried to get into attack on titan, but didn't get past the 3 episode. In my past I enjoyed Serial Experiments Lain and Mai hemie as the two that jumped into my mind first. Azumanga Daioh was adorably fun too.

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Azumanga Daioh was adorably fun too."

Best thing ever you mean!

9. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ya. It could easily be the best anime I have seen, but comparing the deconstruction of the magic girl genre to a spot on perfect slice of life show is like comparing apples to a hellfire missile.

I also recalled another anime I kind of liked Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. It's a simple 12 episode anime about a boy who has to cross dress to attend a girls prep school on the request of his dead mother. I don't know if I can call it objectionably good, but it's a cute show. I rather appreciate how anime is willing to take things related to gender and sexuality and simply play with them.

10. Saint Otaku

Hmmm, I'd hafta say my top picks are FMAB, Steins;gate, Princess Jellyfish, Hetalia, and Death Note (of course). One should automatically include anything Hayao Miyazaki, my favorite being Princess Mononoke, with Spirited Away and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind following close behind.

Oh and as a most hated Anime character... Medusa from Soul Eater immediately pops up, but I also loved her as a villain. Still, I hate Ellen from The Witch's House most of all, even if it's not an anime (JRPG, close enough).

#10 Saint Otaku, Jan 2, 2014
  11. Simple Thoughts

Stein's Gate was one of the best things I'd ever watched...ever 0.0

Death Note is pretty intense

and I'm sooo happy right now because I thought I was the only person in the world who remembered Nusicaa of the Valley of the Wind!

12. Saint Otaku

Ahhhhh! How on earth did I forget Pani Poni Dash??!!! Never before have I been so assaulted by an anime, and loved it! :')

13. thekillingmoon

I love Princess Jellyfish. Funniest anime ever, very underrated.

Other than that I like xxxHolic, Welcome to the NHK, Natsume Yuujinchou, Madlax, Sweet Blue Flowers, Junjou Romantica, Nodame Cantabile, Kino's Journey, Shiki, Kimi ni Todoke, True Tears, Psycho-Pass and I'm probably forgetting a lot of good ones I watched.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sad they took case closed off of adult swim in the mid 2000s...

15. Cynical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Angel Beats (those feels...)
    Puebla Magi Madoka Magica (more feels)
    xxxHolic
    Claymore
    Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
    Gen'ei O Kakeru Taiyō

16. Simple Thoughts

Yeah that did suck :frowning2:

I've watched all the english episodes and movies, and I've watched a good 20-30 episodes with subtitles xD

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2014 at 03:29 PM ----------

Claymore was epic! I had so many doubts about that show at first, then I got a couple episodes in and I'm currently in love with that show :3

17. chivalrous

Which full metal alchemist. the original or brotherhood? i preferred brotherhood just because i liked the single plot with sub plots rather then a evolving plot. kinda like one piece and ive also watched all those animes D:< im watching a strange anime called upotte! atm

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2014 at 01:54 PM ----------

If you want those feels watch clannad and clannad afterstory i was left in a emotional wreck its so depressing :tears:. Higurashi sends shivers down my spine for the first season then i just stopped watching it :icon_redf

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2014 at 01:56 PM ----------

yes i didnt like medusa for what she did to crona. and have you seen howls moving castle? its a great one! but my all time favourite anime movie is summer wars

#17 chivalrous, Jan 2, 2014
  18. Foxface

Angel Beats is my favorite of all time followed by Cowboy Bebop, Ichigo 100%, Love Hina and so forth

I think I have completely cleared a good 40 anime so far

Foxface

19. BamInTheCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Attack on Titan.
    Hunter x Hunter.

20. chivalrous

Ichigo does not care for his friends he just likes to feed his ego which is why he liked to fight. take the fullbring arc he didnt decide to gain his powers back because of his friends he decided to do it in order to have power to fight.