1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG this is offensive? Gay mayo ad?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by -Michael-, Jun 25, 2008.

1. -Michael-

2. pirateninja

Ok, seriously? Why is it innapropriate to just show a kiss? It's not even tongues or making out, it's a simple peck on the lips!

Don't people have better things to do than complain aboot stuff like this?

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  4. jazzrawr

Oh, good! I signed it. ^.^

But taking this off the air is ridiculous.
    Do people really spend their lives complaining about things like this?
    *grumble grumble*

5. darkestknight

People can complain about the small things when they have ACTUALLY much more bigger things that they should worry about!! lol!! :grin:

6. Jebs

Ha. I thought the ad was great. Brilliant!

7. Davey

I signed that petition.
    seriously this is just stupid.
    "teaching your kids wrong things" is pretty much what that article said
    that's a bunch of crap.
    teaching kids to hate homosexuals or ANY body in that case is the "wrong thing"
    *keeps mumbling*

8. mUsIcFrEaK92

mUsIcFrEaK92 Guest

I see nothing wrong with. People are just stupid. oh and i signed the petition :slight_smile:

9. Malchik89

really? cuz parents just may have to explain same sex relationships to their kids. Why dont they, i mean really itd pry be way less awkward then telling your kids about sex xD But yea, its stupid, i mean its an english family with a new york deli guy as the mother/wife, its clearly for humor. People need to lighten the hellz up

10. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I find it sad how much people aren't willing to accept people and get pissed off cause of it.

Wait, is that something on my shadow. . .*coug* *ough* *1950's* *civil. . * *cough* *rights* *cough*. . .

We've come a ways but not very much it seems. . .

11. agraves

I definately signed the petition. I see nothing wrong with the commercial. I hope it gets put back on the air.

12. cc6log

Seemed fine except when the kid called the guy "mum", that was something new for me. It doesn't bother or offend me I am just wondering if that is common practice in same sex households calling one man the mom or one woman the dad... Wasn't that book read in Massachusetts that drove socially conservative republicans crazy called something about two mommies or two daddies?

13. sexyalex

I didn't mind the ad but the whole "mum" thing kinda got me puzzled.
    I was once told that in a gay household it's seen as 2 dad's but whatever...i just didn't mind.

There are waaay mroe erotic ads on tv which younger kids have mutilated into their lifestyle like the "Axe" line of advertisments. :dry:

HOW MANY OF US STILL USE "BOOMCHICKABOWWAIOW"! and i mean now that is just rude! i CAN'T begin to tell u how much slaps girls have given me on my ass saying that at school :dry: and my parents had a hard time explaining to me the meaning of the word cuz it wasn't in my "Oxford Pocket Dictionary":eusa_eh:

14. sayitforreals

Well, I think its dumb to take it off the air, BUT I dont really think its a very good ad. It sort of took me a minute to catch on to what was going on. I got it now, and I realize thats not the point of the thread, I am just saying.

Okay, so I didnt get it, and it seems like people are thinking they were in a gay relationship and I dont think thats what the ad is implying. The Man in the hat is actually the mom (mum) but she/he is using DELI mayonaise, so its saying its just like a deli sandwich. Thats what I got from it atleast. Maybe that clears up some of the mum confusion.

#14 sayitforreals, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  15. Alexander

What people are saying:

"200 people complain in a country of millions and you pull an inoffensive ad ?!?!?"

"The commercial is "hilarious, and the kiss isn't even intended to represent a gay kiss--they've personified the mother as a tough-talking Bronx deli-dude to make a point about the product. I wouldn't be offended if it really were intended to depict a gay kiss, but given the fact that ISN'T, bowing to the demands of these people is outright ridiculous and cowardly."

"these 200 people should get out more"

"it's 2008."

"The Complaints Commission is not there to appease the hard-nosed minority."

"By pulling this ad, which shows two men kissing, Heinz has confirmed that is alright to have prejudice against the gay community. Not only is this is an equal rights issue but an idiotic business decision by the board at Heinz: you've appeased 200 narrow minded fools but lost a whole demographic. The pink pound, in it's abundance, will be spent else where!"

"Since you obviously listen to your consumers, if we get more than 200 signatures on this petition, should we expect to see the ad reinstated?"