1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steampunk music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by xXSteamRiverXx, Jan 2, 2014.

1. xXSteamRiverXx

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm way into steampunk music right now like people are getting annoyed by my obsession. Just wondering if there's anyone up in here also into it. My favorite is Steam Powered Giraffe. They're also strong supporters of lgbt and Bunny Bennett, one of the members is transgendered. Anywho... Yeah Steampunk/Steampunk Music?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I love the Steampunk aesthetic, but unfortunately I haven't gotten much into Steampunk music. The only Steampunk band I have on my iTunes is Abney Park. I think they're pretty good, but again, I'm not an expert on Steampunk music...

So I'm eager for any new recommendations too!

3. Convoy

I really did not know that this even existed; while I'm not entirely into steam-punk this is still cool regardless.

Thanks for the recommendation :wink:.

4. Sitri

Steampunk is weird in that it is a genre devoted to aesthetic, not sound. So two different steampunk artists may sound almost like different genres.

5. Daydream Harp

I think I would have liked Steampunk better if it was musically Punk Rock :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The image is cool though indeed

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never knew it was a genre that could be extended to music. Wouldn't a steampunk society just listen to music contemporary to Victorian times, with maybe a few sci-fi instruments thrown in?

7. SFSorrow

8. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately, I've been listening to a few songs by Dr. Steel, and I'm looking for more songs by Steam Powered Giraffe as well. I'm unfamiliar with the genre as a whole, though.

9. musicgirl18

I love everything about the genre of Steampunk, the clothes, the music, the varied backgrounds, the stories, they're all awesome. Currently, my favourite steampunk bands are Ghostfire, Abney Park, Steam Powered Giraffe, and The Cog is Dead. I also like some of Vernian Process's and The Clockwork Doll's stuff. :slight_smile: Oh! The Melting Clock is a good band as well. I haven't listened to enough of Dr. Steel's stuff to give a good judgement of them though. :grin: