1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Family

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Monika the Diva, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

I've been watching modern family. This show is really funny. My favourite characters to watch are Eric Stonestreet's Cameron and Sofia Vergara's Gloria. Also, Ed O'Neil who plays Jay is hilarious.

This show is really funny. The format reminds me of a combination of the office and it also reminds me of Arrested development.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Monika the Diva

To my knowledge her accent is slightly lessheavy in real-life. Lol I love watching this show. Ty Burrell's Phil is a big dork. He can be really funny sometimes especially when he's having an ADD moment. Lol

4. Mzansi

Love the show,
    Love the characters,
    $_#@!)@(_# The haters :wink:

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're into the dad or suit look, Ty Burrell sort of works. I've never watched the show for longer than 5 minutes, so I don't know his character.

6. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I watch the show with my mom,we both love Gloria xD
    [​IMG]
    Jesse Tyler Ferguson aka Mitchell looks nice and is actually homo
    [​IMG]
    He recently got married

#6 Zam, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are "those" real? They're like spherical cantaloupes. I've often wondered.

8. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its her actual voice,there are videos of her before she became popular and its her actual voice and accent :roflmao:

---------- Post added 6th Jan 2014 at 01:34 PM ----------

There is an article on it Sofia Vergara's Bra Size: Actress Tells Vogue Her Breasts Are Real

9. treasureisland

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like this show too. I really like Sofia Vergara!

10. EttyT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I LOVE modern family! Gloria cracks me up - and I love Phil with his awkward clumsiness!

11. MightNeedThis

I love Modern Family! Honestly a character like Gloria is very refreshing. Like her, my mom was born and raised in another country and moved here when she was six. The way Gloria is always trying to share her culture with her family reminds me so, so much of my mother. Plus, my dads name is "Jay". It's actually kind of weird. but i love this show, it's kind of amazing.

12. kem

kem

Love it so much I made a thread about it a couple months ago. It's my favourite TV show after Breaking Bad and GoT.

13. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really enjoy the show myself because I come from a large extended family and have always appreciated the kind of dynamic that close families have. The combination of conflict and closeness really rings true sometime, and the unintentionally funny things that everyone does. My family can be pretty similar.

That being said, my wife absolutely adores the gay couple, but I get a little tired of how stereotypical they can be. (Of course, she LOVES stereotypical gay men....I think her biggest disappointment when I came out to her was that I did not immediately redecorate the house and take her out for a mani-pedi.) There would be some humor to be mined from a gay couple that is a little less obviously gay. I wonder if Wentworth Miller can do comedy? (Pant, pant)

14. Monika the Diva

The gay couple is hilarious. The funniest thing about them is whenever they seem to have an arguement the little girl they adopted puts them in line. Lol

15. Scarlett

Scarlett Guest

I love Modern Family! Haha I've been watching it for years; hilarious show!

16. I love the gay couple, Lily, Haley, Gloria, and Jay. Lily is so funny. I like how she's filled with attitude and she's the voice of reason for her daddies. What I life about Cam and Mitchell is that in the end they solve their problems, but they fuck up somehow very soon. Haley may seem annoying, but she's like the underdog when she proves her parents wrong about her plan in life.

To me, I think Phil and Claire can be so annoying. Phil can be so careless, like leaving his golf balls on the ground where people can trip over them and slip into a coma, and sometimes he should learn to keep his space. Claire is fine, until she's wrong or put on the spot. For example, she didn't have to drop off Haley in the middle of nowhere to teach her a lesson. Sometimes, I like how she gets back at Phil for his carelessness.

17. justjade

I love this show! I love how awkward Phil is. Mitch and Cam are adorable. The jokes are great. I just love it!

One of my favorite moments was in the episode where Mitch and Cam accidentally lost Lily's favorite stuffed animal, Bunny. They end up making up a story for her to explain what happened to Bunny. They tell Lily he went to visit his girlfriend, and Lily says, "Bunny doesn't have a girlfriend. He has a boyfriend." Then Mitch and Cam just look at each other and go, "Aaaawe". That was just so adorable.

I also love the lesbian couple that appeared on Lily's first day of school. Pam and Cam's jabs at each other made me laugh. :lol: