1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one who hates Steven Colbert?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Owen, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've tried giving the Colbert Report a real chance. In my mind, I know he is just a comedian making fun of conservative news shows. But I just can't stand him. He's too realistic for me to watch, and when I see the kind of crazy cult following he has created, I can't feel anything but loathing for him. I once turned on the TV and said to myself, "You know, maybe if I just keep telling myself, 'It's only a joke,' it'll be funny." But right after I thought this, he started talking about how they are naming a spider after him, and he got a university professor on the phone to talk with him about it. I just couldn't watch it.

It seems like I'm the only one I know who doesn't like him. All of my friends think he's amazing and that he's very funny. When I tell them I don't like them, they either freak out like I dropped an N-bomb or stare at me like I'm speaking latin. The only person I know who doesn't like him is my sister, and that's the only thing we see eye-to-eye on, so it doesn't really count. Am I really the only person in this world who can't stand Steven Colbert?

2. Paralyzer

You're not alone. I liked him for like the first month I saw his show but then I started disliking him because I felt he was becoming a whore in a sense... and like.. I started imagining him as the Anti-Christ... x_x..

Cause like, he has landmarks (both in US and out), schools, animals, and planes named after him and it confuses the crap out of me. Everyone LOVES him, especially my peeps at school and .. really, I just hate the cult like thing about him.

I don't hate him, I just dislike him a bunch bunch bunch bunch bunch, and if he pulls anything funny then atleast I was aware of his malevolence.. haha

3. Tim

Tim

I tried giving it a chance too, but god, I just want to punch him whenever I see his face o.o; So no, you aren't alone lol

4. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand where your coming from. Often he will go over the top with his satirical representation of conservative pundits. And the cult following is ridiculous and something I personally didn't expect when he started his show, but personally I am a fan. And unlike many who only jumped aboard the Colbert band wagon when all of the cult followers came. I was a personal fan of his when he did the "This Week in God" segment on the Daily Show. Whether you like his show or not I think you should at least look up that and see if that is more your style since back then he didn't have the cult following and he wasn't playing completely into satire.

5. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

well i just plain out hate him cuz he is an annoying dumb ass.

6. Paralyzer

You could call me a cult follower of the daily show, I loved that show and I liked him there and I remember "This Week In God" I especially liked Samantha Bee, but yeah, after a month of watching the Colbert Report, I got sick of him :[
    I know the Daily Show is like OLDDDDDDDDD, I joined in about when Steve Carrell or w/e his name was was still on the show.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It may be old, but it is timeless, in my opinion. I like Jon Stuart a LOT more than Colbert. I didn't even like Colbert on This Week in God, but I was still able to watch it. There's just something about Jon that makes his over-the-top liberalism a lot more bearable than Colbert's over-the-top conservatism.

8. LOVEjames

I've never really liked watching those types of shows that take a comedic view of the news. I mean, I don't like... dislike the concept, it's jsut that there are absolutely no good ones. xD It seems like they're all men, and my view is that men cannot give news well.

9. Paralyzer

Pfffttttt men are amazing unless their name is Bill O'Reilly
    You don't know what you're talking about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

and Jon could do ANYTHING (except host the Oscars)
    Haven't you seen Anderson Cooper? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Duhhhhh

10. InaRut

Am I the only one of EC who actually LIKES Stephen Colbert?

11. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    No

12. LOVEjames

Anderson Cooper is a serious news reporter.
    And he's fine. Like, I don't have to listen to what he says, I just imagine him... you know... interviewing a few members of a place called my crotch. >_>

13. Paralyzer

^ HAHA XD I wasn't expecting that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    You're funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Anderson Cooper is like... a wonder of the world :grin:

14. LOVEjames

Damn right. xD

15. Alexander

God guys, get a room! (and bring me to meet andyyyyy too :grin:)

16. cc6log

A little bit of Colbert now and again is very funny. Talking about tv newscasters Russert was really good, the rest occasionally have their moments or just suck, So i read newspapers, mags, and internet for news and when I want to see interviews I check out Charlie Rose

17. Samus610

I used to like Stephen Colbert but I actually find him dull. I can't watch his show anymore or I'll fall asleep. Plus I'm starting to find him annoying.

18. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ...I love Colbert. So much. He's just so over the top and ridiculous. I love it.
    Although I think I like the Daily Show more. As much as I like Colbert, his humour gets a bit tiresome day to day (which is why I don't I watch it every day), whereas with the Daily Show all the people there have kind of a different style so I never really get bored.

19. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Im not a big fan, i think hes annoying

20. Nodnarb

I like Colbert. Yeah, sometimes he gets annoying, but most of the time he is funny.