1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to learn Seussical music in a month...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by girlonfire, Jan 7, 2014.

1. girlonfire

I'm in pit orchestra in my school and I got the music only one month before showtime. I'm playing the keyboard for this one, and if anyone knows Seussical here, you know the key/time signatures are CRAZY weird. Like, 6/4 with a key of B weird. Anyone have any tips on how I can very quickly start to memorize this BOOK OF SHEET MUSIC??? hashtag dying. xD

Thanks

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Practice, Practice, practice. Don't try to memorize the whole book at the same time.. otherwise you will overwhelm yourself. Take it one line at a time. As you become more confident in memorizing the music, you can take bigger chunks on to memorize at once. It can be hard to memorize music at first, but over time it's something that you get better at. I was in marching band for 5 years, and this is how I memorized all of my music.

Also, don't let the weird key signature and time signature freak you out. It's just something else that you have to work on. I know that for me, the key of B has no flats or sharps, so I'm assuming that there are a lot of accidentals? If that's the case, then I would mark them somehow so that you do not mis-memorize them. Once you memorize something, it's hard to re-memorize it.