1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simon Cowell --Defamatory Remarks Against LGBT peoples

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Proud1p4, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I am extremely upset at Simon Cowell's remarks (this makes three times this season) that Simon has commented on various 'drag' aspects of the LGBT people. Smugly remarking when asked to comment on dress options and alternatives to wearing high heels on stage he said the following;

Ryan:"Any suggestions on the heels, Simon?"
    Simon:"That your department Ryan"
    Ryan:"Stay out of my closet"
    Simon:"Come out"

and on a seperate occaision;

Ryan:"So what do you suggest instead of this dress" (paraphrased)
    Simon:"Thats your job"
    Ryan;"Oh no, not [again] tonight"

-------

I am furious by this consistant bashing and slander even more so how he gets away with it, a smug little look on his face.

I personally would hope GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) will respond to these comments, asking Simon for a public apology. This shouldn't be tolerated, i have written/will write about it in my blogs to try and raise awareness but i hope you'd join me in send an email to GLAAD asking them to respond to Simon's rash comments.

I will post a link on how to report an incident to GLAAD shortly after this one.

Ciao, thank you for the back-up in advance.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

The link to Report an Incident to GLAAD is found here. And here is what i wrote if you wish to simply copy and paste;

Simon Cowell while being asked to comment on a contestants outfit on "American Idol", rudely and smugly responded with remarks that to many LGBT who were watching with me, would consider worthy of retailliation.

Me and 6 LGBT friends were watching the hit TV show together when for the second time this season Simon slurred the community.

Video can be found here;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJjjYiIWo94
    Simon telling Ryan Seacrest to "come out of the closet"

And again today, the 20th of March, Simon remarked on how dresses were Ryan's "department".

I am extremely angered by these comments and would strongly urge you to respond accordingly, asking Simon to at least refrain from future comments and make a public apology.

Many thanks,

-------------------------------

Please, please please take the time to report these ludacris comments made by Mr.Cowell, as i do not wish to have to turn off my tv in disgust while my family attempts to watch these performances, which is after all what the show is supposed to be about. Discrimination holds no place in popular television.

3. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Please tell me your joking. Im sorry but your making hat he aid into a big deal when it isnt one.

4. GuitarGirl1350

Why bring more attention to it?
    American Idol is pure, 100% unadulterated bullshit anyway.
    Any public apology is going to be scripted by his publicist, and maybe that's just as bad. It doesn't show any remorse. To me, this is like Issiah Washington going to rehab and therapy so he can keep his job or Tim Hardaway giving his neat little radio apology.
    *shrug*
    I hate that people in general say that crap, but...
    it could be a lot worse.
    Not that that makes it right.

And...if you spend/waste your time watching a limey British bastard, a coked-up alcoholic has-been, and an annoyingly ghetto guy cut up horrible singers and criticize the few good ones on a show that has been going downhill at a steady pace since season 3, what do you expect? Simon's an ass. He picks on those he feels lower than him- CLEARLY mentally handicapped people, gays, overweight people, and I'm sure he'd be knocking black men and women if he wasn't with Paula and Randy.

The way I see it, Simon is a dick, he always will be, and an insincere apology is just as bad the incidents.

Perhaps the network should censor those sort of things. I've been writing angry letters for a while at the fact that Fox and CW allow the word "Faggot" to be said and not censored.

I know it sounds like I'm doing alot of double talk, but I'm not. I don't think he should say those things, but forcing a public apology isn't going to do squat.
    People like him are just despicable by any standards.

5. nisomer

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. I just took it as a light joke, and I'm sure Ryan did too, whether or not he is gay. Simon even seems like he could probably be gay himself.

6. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

True, your right. *puts down picket sign*

I guess what i really wanted was the network to censor things like this in the future. As you said these kinds of jokes are aired even using such an obvious term as "fag/got". I really wouldn't give if Simon apologised, it was mostly the fasting talking (i haven't eaten anything but leafy veggies for 28 hours, Ostara pre-rite stuff), but i think this issue still should be addressed just to let the network know it should be more careful.

My first post on this thread was quite overly-dramatic. Simon's a dick. Guess i just got sick of him making fun of people season after season (like that bigger girl last season "do we have a bigger stage this year" like fuck off you twit).

7. GuitarGirl1350

Yeah, being overweight myself that remark really pissed me off. If I went on there, and he said it to me, I'd pop him one.

8. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    personally i dont think that it is that big of a deal... i think its would be like some of my friends who call each other gay as a joke and getting in trouble for that. in english we had to read fahrenheit 451 and there is a part that explains why they got rid of books basically it was because whatever authors wrote offened someone and so they just got rid of all except the ones that hold true facts... one person pointed out in our class disgustion about it that talking today is almost like that where you have to watch what you say because it will offend anyone. i agree and i think that alot of the comments that are sending people to rehab and stuff are not really that big of a deal

9. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You cannot be serious...

Firstly, Simon Cowell may not be a nice person, but as far as the judging goes, he is ALWAYS right.

Secondly, this sounds like the kind of thing people say to each other on an hourly basis at my school, and nobody, gay or straight, has EVER been offended.

Thirdly, and on an unrelated note, Ryan is HOT.

10. Leigh

Leigh Guest

no hes not. sorry just thought id jump in but on the last season of British xfactor he voted against rhydian who went on to com 2nd.

and hes a ******** anyway, even if he wasnt being homophobic hed find something to bitch about - thats what he gets paid 4.

11. Alexander

Just so you know, the video was removed from youtube due to "violation of rules". suspicious.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Lets all calm down a bit... Its not that bad o.0 I didn't find it offensive atall.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Simon Cowell is paid to be the "Mr Nasty" character in these shows. It is intended to attract attention and get people talking about the show, which will get more people to watch it. The TV companies want viewers, and don't really care how they get them.

14. Jace

Well I just think Simon's just poking fun at Ryan, I don't mean to stereo type (don't get pissed at me and write angry letters! Lol) but Ryan seems pretty metro, you know what I mean? He might actually be Gay, ice never heard about him and a girl or him liking a girl, maybe there's something Simon knows that we don't *raises eyebrows*
    But yeah, I get why you'd be pissed, I made my friend stop saying stuff like fag and that's gay! And shit ya know?

15. TyraBanksIsFierce

I don't really see what the big deal is he obviously didn't mean in a hurtful way

16. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I just think he was joking. I think for the one with Simon telling Ryan to come out Ryan was looking for it. And he does need to come out the closet....HES LIEK UBER HOT

17. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Speaking of gays on AI, Danny Noriegga is HOT!