1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will and Grace - so ...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tightrope, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never watched a whole episode. I am attention span challenged when it comes to network TV. So:

- how did Will and Grace meet?
    - was their sex EVER any good? (IRL, they would look well matched)
    - why does it seem Will sees more action than Grace in the sex department?
    - is Grace completely free of feelings for Will?
    - who are those two added-on buffoons who tag along them on the show and what do they do, job wise or otherwise?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The internet is your friend. But I'll answer the questions to the best of my ability anyway.

I don't recall. Just remember that they used to be a couple.

It apparently wasn't terrible, but if memory serves, it helped Will realize that he was gay.

I don't think he did, necessarily. Grace seemed more likely to be desperately seeking boyfriends than Will did, anyway.

Perhaps not. But she seems to have accepted the situation well enough.

- who are those two added-on buffoons who tag along them on the show and what do they do, job wise or otherwise?

Jack was a "performance artist" (amongst other things), Karen was married to a rich man but worked for Grace (incompetently) as an assistant. They also got to do the wacky, far-out stuff that wouldn't have seemed in character with Will and Grace. They of course became the audience favorites, and the shows tended to highlight them as the series went on.

Lex

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not entirely sure of all of the details to your questions. I do know that in regards to the last question, those are Jack and Karen. You'll quickly realize (if you haven't already) that they're really the stars of the show, hilariously unintentionally. I don't know what Jack does, but Karen is Grace's assistant, if I remember correctly. But be prepared to see much more of them, and hopefully to laugh hysterically at their antics (such as Karen thinking there are fish in the dryers in a laundromat)

I don't think Grace is completely free of feelings for Will, but since he is gay, and she knows that, I don't think we would be seeing her trying to get into his pants. Karen and Jack on the other hand...

Don't know if Will and Grace did have sex. Although I do know for a fact that Will and Jack have had sex, and Will didn't like it, since I remember a scene where he talks about how Jack is in bed.

4. Van

Van

They met in college (I think).
    Never saw them doing it. :icon_wink
    Hm, never noticed that.
    Were they ever in love? It's clear that they love each other, but as friends.
    Jack and Karen. Jack changed several jobs - actor, nurse etc., while I don't really think Karen had a job, but she was married to a millionaire whom they never showed to the audience.

Edit: Lex is right, Karen did work for Grace, I totally forgot about that. Not that she was doing a real job, of course. :grin:

#4 Van, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. The internet (Wiki) for network shows can be very wooden, with numbering of episodes and not as much editorializing as I like. What I did find interesting is the all-star cast that has walked through those doors as temporary love (or sexual) interests. Patrick Dempsey was a real surprise. After seeing "Magic Mike" (beyond horrendous), I can now tell the difference between Matthew McConaughey and Patrick Dempsey. The latter is better looking, by quite a bit.

Thanks for all the responses.

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    College.

They never have sex.

Quite the contrary, the show received quite a lot of criticism for ignoring Will's love life most of the time. By the end of the show they had ruined his character so much that he seemed to be more Grace's impotent doormat boyfriend than an actual human being.

No.

Karen is Grace's assistant. Her job is just for fun, because she is married to a millionaire. Jack is a friend of Will's from high school, I think. He has some kind of job, but I don't remember what exactly.

#6 Adi, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  7. Minx

Since most of these have been answered I'll respond to the first question.

Will & Grace met in college. Grace however spotted Will at a party where he was in the kitchen washing a bong. She later then wandered into his dorm room in search of food.

Will assumed that the dorm room visit was when they first met, until she explains it years later.

>…> Not that I've watched the show a lot. *laughs nervously* :redface: Nope.

8. Jonathan

Since the questions have been answered several times, I'll just say that you owe it to yourself to watch that show just for Karen Walker...she's so incredible :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll have to get around to watching a full episode or two.

I often wondered about what happened with them before, knowing that Will and Grace were once an item. I thought they made an attractive couple.

Also, I think this curiosity was somewhat instigated because, when in my late 20s, I knew a girl who looked just like actress Debra Messing ... and the guy she was dating at the time, who was a handsome guy with gray hair in his early 30s, wasn't into women, as what was then a circle of friends who disbanded later learned.

10. AKTodd

IIRC Will was fighting accepting himself as gay when he started dating Grace. Without getting into spoilers, Jack helped him with this (after a fashion - it was a sitcom after all).

Todd

11. biggayguy

I adore Beverly Leslie. (The funny little white haired queer in denial) He's just so off the wall with his snappy comebacks. Everyone knows he's gay but he's a southern gentleman.

12. AlTaboo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Grace is not over Will. This is showcased in a flashback episode when Will and Grace are telling the story of their relationship. Grace flips out and has a break down storming out of the room when she finds out that Will slept with another woman, after they broke up. She was very upset that his one and only time with a woman wasn't her.

13. Bear101

Is there anywhere to watch Will & Grace online? I tried Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime, but they're not on any of them.

Thanks!

14. biggayguy

You can see episodes on Lifetime network.

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See? We're learning more. Thanks. I could see that.

You've got this attractive lady with her own business trying to navigate the dating scene in Manhattan, and she's got a good looking, successful guy that she gets along with and has a history with ... right there ... and it's probably hard for her to overlook that there's still a remnant of some chemistry and that, had his sexual preference been different, this could have been the right guy for her. Probably a tough pill to swallow.

Now that I look at this, Karen and Jack had to be part of the ensemble. Without them, it would have been a drama. There's no way it could have been a comedy.