1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you seen the movie Titanic

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by nichison, Jan 9, 2014.

1. nichison

Who on this forum has seen the movie Titanic. I saw it once when I was ten. If you have saw it did you like it? And if you havent seen it do you plan to?

*SPOILER ALERT*

The boat sinks.

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen it a couple of times, not my favorite movie in the world.

3. Gallatin

Love Titanic - one of my favorites, in my top 5 for sure. I've watched it so many times I've lost count.

See, I've always had an interest in ships (and shipwrecks), and the Titanic is my favorite ship. So when I discovered they had made an Oscar-winning epic about it, I was quite pleased.

4. biggayguy

It's very, very, long... The editor must have loved all the bits that could have been trimmed out or shortened. I enjoy the parts I wake up to see.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, that's why I've only seen it once. I liked it. I didn't love it. I sure as heck didn't see if for the love story or the music and songs. I watched it because I heard the special effects were both very good and very real. They were. Also, I didn't know of Billy Zane until that movie. Three cheers for Billy Zane ... looking good, there. However, it was interesting that he got his comeuppance, or karma, later, for his unscrupulous behavior, as was described at the end of the movie. The scramble for the lifeboats was definitely the most intense part of the film. I will not be watching it again, unless someone makes me.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a roommate.. that was totally obsessed with this movie. She watched it once every day for 3 weeks before the 3D version of the movie came out.

I don't know how I didn't rip my ears and eyeballs out...

7. CandyCutes

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh man, the Titanic. I've seen it twice (I think) and it's really sad. ;~; I almost can't watch the ending when (SPOI- oh what does it matter, everyones seen it) Jack sinks underwater. That just... done for the day after that. Gimme a bucket of ice cream and let me cry for 30 mins.

Not my most favorite movie, but still a good one. Worth the watch.

8. Rainbow Girl

I watched it for drama class this year because we were doing a project on the Titanic. It was so sad yet so beautiful at the same time. Jack and Rose were so perfect together. I cried at the end. Oh and I did the same spoiler alert thing to parents the day we finished it in class.

9. biggayguy

I do love "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. That makes me cry when I think of Jack and Rose in the water.

10. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My oldest daughter is rather obsessed with it (and Leonardo diCaprio). I enjoyed it to a point but always end up getting a little ADD and going off on silly tangents, probably because it's so long. Like I remember a Saturday Night Live alternate ending where everyone is furious with the old lady for throwing the jewel into the water and beats the crap out of her for it. Or during the tense scenes where every other word is "Jack!" "Rose!" my daughters and I flip into Bea Arthur/Golden Girls mode and bellow "YES ROSE, THE SHIP IS GOING DOWN!"

Oh, and TR, I would take Billy Zane over Leo ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Despite the fact that bald is not my thing at all. First thing I ever saw him in was "Dead Calm" and I've been a fan ever since.

11. Mhin

Watched it 2x :slight_smile:

12. timo

I've never seen it and I don't intend to do so either.

13. man dolen

+1

14. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw it a lot and cry every time esp when rose say : jack .... jack and he is frozen :cry: :frowning2:

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I was talking this "look." I've only seen him here. He looks kind of arrogant. I think that's his natural look, as is the case with Dermot Mulroney and a few others who look like they were issued silver spoons in the birthing ward.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ea/bb/67/eabb67139dd61432a1c64932c05c4fc1.jpg

I looked again. I had NO clue he had gone bald or chose that. As for Leonardo Di Caprio, he doesn't even register as a blip. He looks like half the kids in small town America. I've never understood the fascination with him.

16. freeskies

I remember watching TITANIC on the big screen in a movie theater when i was 9 years old. I distantly remember getting excited looking at handsome young face of Leo DiCaprio, and not to forget that steamy love making scene in that jeep :icon_redf :icon_wink

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I watched it so many times i can't count I don't watch it anymore because that movie makes me really depressed afterwards

18. willycubed28

I have seen it more than 20 times I know. It was when I first fell in love with Leonardo Dicaprio, and also Kate Winslet. The movie also introduced me to Celine Dion, and I will never forget it. I love the movie. The special effects were awesome, and the story is incredible and yet sad. Watching Jack sink into the ocean makes me cry every single time. Rose loses her Jack, but she carries him in her heart forever. Wonderfully written. The acting was superb, and the music was more than perfect. It is probably in my top 2.

19. katwat

It is a great movie when you are wanting a good cry. I really need to pull it out and share it with the kiddo. She has never seen it.

20. tscott

I've seen the movie several times. I don't think it translates well to the small screen, but on the big screen the ship is magnificent. I personally have yet to see any movie with DiCaprio were he's made any impression on me other than an adolescent boy playing grown-up and that includes his two latest films. How someone like Rose could have found him attractive is Titanic's greatest mystery. Try the version with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyck.

Freeskies - that "jeep" is a 1912 Renault CB Coupe de Ville...sadly it sunk, but its owner, William Carter, did not. He survived.