1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon *Spoilers from It :)*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Yes, hard to believe, it's time for another one of my somewhat weekly threads about shows no one watches! This time I'll be ranting a lot about the episodes I liked in the series, cause let's face it, I have nothing better to do!

For those who watch the english anime...

Usagi = Serena
    Ami = Amy
    Rei = Raye
    Makoto/Mako-chan = Lita
    Minako = Mina
    Mamoru = Darien
    Naru = Molly

Anyways, has anyone watched this show? It's not the anime, it's the live action show :slight_smile: I personally love it, and it's by far one of my favorite shows, I'm still a bit peeved it was cancelled after one season :frowning2: The opening theme is ok, but here it is :wink:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBJ5rNBAL3w[/youtube]

The transformations are actually pretty good too, considering the budget for the show, despite being the same company for "Power Rangers" and "Kamen Rider" in japan.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q0gaXPc9TGw[/youtube]

The way they become scouts is kind've interesting. Usagi becomes Sailor Moon when wanting to protect Naru. Ami becomes Sailor Mercury when she is thrown off the 3rd story balcony by a monster, and Usagi catches her, (Ami knows she's destined to be sailor mercury, but doesnt want to be, as she thinks usagi just wanted to be friends with her because of that.) When usagi risks her life to save her, she realized she really is her friend, and chooses to fight. Rei becomes Sailor mars while investigating disappearances of shrine girls. She is trapped in a dimension with Usagi, who transforms to protect her. She is revealed to be mars when her bracelet becomes a transformation locket. She is buried in leaves, and as Usagi runs to rescue her, the pile is dispersed, and Rei jumps up and yells Mars Power. Makoto becomes Jupiter when a monster tricks her and convinces her she is alone, despite the scouts trying to be friends with her after she helped Usagi with some bullies. She is trapped in her mind sure she is alone. Usagi walks in, saying she's not alone, and she needs to transform, she does so, becoming sailor jupiter. Venus' way of becoming a scout is never shown. However, the first time she shows her real identity to any scout was an episode where Rei is in a church and encounters Minako, a famous singer. She doesnt know who she is, and Minako likes it (but Minako knows she is mars). Rei fights a monster who appears, and is defeated. As the monster is going to kill her, Minako knows she has to do something, and screams for the monster to stop, despite artemis' wishes, Minako transforms, and draws the monsters attacks to her.

One of my favorite scenes in the show, to explain the backstory. In act 20, Sailor Mercury is cornered by the dark kingdom while they distract Sailor Moon, Mars and Jupiter, as they are becoming isolated and don't want to work as a team, like Ami does. She is eventually turned evil, and attacks her friends. During this ~8 episode saga, Usagi, Rei, and Mako-chan become closer friends when trying to get Ami back. The "Darkury" saga ends with this scene:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=E82QcVLWvac[/youtube]

If you can't understand it, Dark Mercury is in a battle with Sailor Moon, and in an attempt to save her, Sailor Moon lets down her guard to try to cleanse her with the light of the crystal. It fails, and Dark Mercury strikes Sailor Moon down, destroying the crescent moon wand, and effectively "Killing" Usagi. When she sees the lifeless body of her friend, Ami breaks through, destroying the Dark Ami, and breaks down, reverting to normal completely when Usagi's tiara breaks off and splits in half. They get sucked into the dark world, and Usagi awakens, unable to transform, same as Ami. They are cornered by monsters, and result to running. Ami tells Usagi no one wanted to work together and she doesn't WANT to go back. Usagi is blown back by this, and eventually they reconcile, in time to find the way out back to Rei and Mako-chan, with the 4 scouts together, Mercury and Moon's powers are restored in time to defend themselves. Ami is then welcomed back, despite her fears her friends hated her for hurting them.

Anyways, the other scene, that had people pissed off at the writers, is that the show was originally based on the manga/anime, but after a certain point, it became it's own show, which became quite clear when they announced in the show Sailor Venus had a terminal illness. In act 45, she loses the ability to transform, because she's willing to kill herself to fufill the "past life". In act 46, she realizes she has friends, and her life IS important, Minako, NOT sailor venus. As her friends are on the brink of destruction, she rushes the rescue, still unable to transform, and awakens the power within, giving them the power to destroy the monster who had been attacking for ~12 episodes. Anyways, the next episode, there is no yotuube video for it, but I can cut one from the episode if someone wants :confused:

To sum up what happens in act 47, Venus decided to go through with an operation for her disease with a 1% chance of success. It was scheduled for the day after this act is placed in, or at least that's what she told her friends. She goes out for the day, and everyone has a bad feeling. A monster attacks, and Mercury, Jupiter and Moon go to stop it, whereas Rei is at her temple and heads out when she finds out. Artemis, venus' guardian shows up, and tells Rei. Rei walks in disarray to the battle, and is almost attacked, but is snapped into reality by Makoto. She screams MARS POWER... MAKE UP! And bursts into flames, something never seen, the other scouts take notice as Mars proceeds to decimate the monsters by herself. As the final monster is destroyed, she breaks down into tears and falls to her knees. She cries out, Mi...Na....Ko. MINAKO! Then a flashback shows Artemis telling her that Minako did the operation a day early, and didn't make it.

The next episode is the beginning of the end. Yes, they killed venus an episode before the final battle -.- Anyways, after being near death from Mamoru, Ami, Rei and Makoto refuse to have usagi resort to killing him, as he is possessed by the ultimate evil. They are subsequently defeated and thrown out of their sailor forms. As he heads for them, Usagi cries as she picks up the good mamoru's sword, and as her tear falls onto the sword, it begins closing as she lunges for him. As the sword goes through him, she cries. She is then taken over by the princess of the moon (inside her, Princess Sailor Moon), and is intent on destroying the world because she lost her love again. Ami, Rei, and Makoto know they must stop her, and take up arms against her friend. They fail, and are defeated. Despite knowing what she'll do, their last words as they pass out are "Usagi...." She destroys the world, and is alone with Mamoru. He tells her she can save everyone by unleashing the last of the crystals power, but doing so would kill her. She says if it saves everyone else, she would do it.

Then the screen flashes to her school, where Ami is seen waiting for someone late. The door opens to Naru. And Ami smiles at her happily. The world has been restored, as if Usagi never existed. Makoto is a tomboy, Rei is the temple girl still, but happy, not sad, and Ami has friends. Minako is also alive, as the sailor scouts were never created, her terminal illness was never triggered. As she's in the recording studio singing one of the theme songs of the show, it flashes to the other scouts. At the same time, they all stop. They remember something. They know they've forgotten something important. Usagi flashes in their head and they scream her name and start running. The screen flashes to Usagi and Mamoru in Limbo, and Usagi is informed by the princess she is allowed to return, as her comrades have not forgotten her. Mamoru is also allowed to return, thanks to the shittenou, his warriors. The show ends with the girls ending up at the same place looking for Usagi, and they hear someone shouting. They turn to look, as Usagi runs down the street screaming their names, they scream hers and begin sprinting for her. It ends as they grab each other and begin crying and laughing.

Now, if you read that, OMG, you have no life, rofl. Then again, I WROTE it, so I have none either! Yes, I love this show WAY too much XD But so sue me =P

#1 Tim, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  2. Hoppip

I used to WORSHIP Sailor Moon. Me and my friend Michael (he'sgaytoo) used to play Sailor Moon during elementary school recess.

And yes, I've seen ALL seasons. Including Sailor Moon Stars.

He likes the live action, but I don't. I much prefer the anime. I actually realized that I don't like the anime (it's cheesy) as much as I like the IDEA.

Wanna know how gay I am?

I wrote a tiny fanfiction about three new Sailor Scouts: Sailor Sun (my favorite), Sailor Star and Sailor Comet.

And they were all boys. And Sailor Sun (Daisuke) worked at a tanning salon! HAHA.

Anywho, I definately miss Sailor Moon, though. She rocked hardcore.

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG I loved this!!!! I remember watching it, I was like, obsessed!!! I was really sad about Minako in episode 47. I was almost crying. THANK GOD she came back!!!!!

4. kgmn

In the name of sailor venus, i will punish you hahahahahaha

This is awesome

the transformations are sweet. i think mercury and venus are my favorite transformations. dark was awesome too... alright... i liked them all

5. Defraction

Haha, I used to really love it when I was 9/10. English dubbed mind. I used to know the theme off by heart and COULD NOT watch it without singing along to it.

I've seen the first episode (maybe the second) of the live action (non-dubbed) and it was okay. I don't remember much of it though. :grin:

6. Tim

Tim

The live action doesn't pick up until after act ~17-20, when Venus reveals herself to Mars, and Mercury is converted. I'll say this, the scene where Usagi realized who Tuxedo Mask really is, is MUCH better in the live action, the elevator scene in Anime is an awesome scene, where Usagi transforms to save both their lives, but the live action is SO emotional.

No video for it XD but I have all of the episodes subtitled in english on my computer, XD

I actually didn't care much for the special act (took place after the final act). The actresses looked like they didn't even want to be there anymore (Mercury and Moon, as they WERE the reason the show was cancelled, they refused to be a part of the show anymore -.-)