1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Fair Lady

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bevo, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Bevo

Bevo Guest

I've just come back from a fantastic performance of My Fair Lady at the Sydney Opera House, it was magnificent!!

Apart from the fact that My Fair Lady would have to be my most favourite musical, this production was just soo great and the guy playing Freddy Eynsford-Hill was really cute:icon_wink

Does anybody else like this musical?

2. I do! I've never seen it live though, just the film with Audrey Hepburn. Ha, it's funny that I read this just now, because in ballet yesterday the pianist was playing "On The Street Where You Live" during barre. Which one is Freddy? Is that the one that's in love with Eliza? From the horse race or whatever? ~megan~

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I recently went to see Sweet Charity. I love musicals!

4. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

I have read the script version - "Pygmalion" for my GCSE english and have to admitt it is actually a very good piece of writing/play. I don't know how close to the original "Pygmalion" version "My fair lady" is, but if they are similar I love it. It is just a brilliant piece of writing and a very perceptive look at society. I like literature which makes you think, and this piece certainly does. I also really love Shaw's views on life and the way he puts them across in his writing.

I have seen "My fair lady" performed once, and although I don't really like musicals that much I actually really enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

5. Bevo

Bevo Guest

Freddy is the one who is overly infatuated with Eliza.

My Fair lady is fairly faithful to George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion although Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe had transform it into something more suitable for Broadway, as Pymalion is basically just a drawing-room comedy.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It's a good musical; I'm partial to Hello Dolly and Sweeney Todd though.

7. RENThead

i just got tickets for it today, :slight_smile: when it comes to brisbane of course...
    i cant wait :slight_smile:

i love musicals, mainly rent and wicked (which im seeing in 2weeks from 2day) av Q, bare and spring awakening. they are my top 5 atm, but they change alot.

8. i went to see it in london when martine mccutcheon was in it about 8 years ago lol, my grandparents took me, it was awesome =]

9. MeskElil

I love the Audrey Hepburn movie version--she's the BEST ACTRESS in the world. Aside from Kathryn Hepburn (and I don't know if they're related or not...)
    And she's quite pretty, too...
    I absolutely hated the movie "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen". How dare they put that beautiful play to rap music? Not that I have anything against rap music, but...not for that play, anyway.