1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer/Chozen

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SongshiQuan, Jan 14, 2014.

1. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. So these two shows premiered last night. I've been a fan of Archer for a long time and just wanted to see if anyone here also thought this show was hilarious. Also, the guys who created Archer/Eastbound and Down(another great show) and Method Man have this new show, Chozen. It's about this white gay rapper trying to get back into the music industry after a stint in prison. It's not as funny as Archer, in my opinion, but it was pretty entertaining. I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on, at least. Did anybody else like this show?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well Archer was hilarious so I guess I'll give this Chozen a try...

3. TheSeeker

Archer is possibly the best thing ever. My Dad loves it too and we watch it together when I am actually home. Didn't see the the Chozen premiere last night, or the archer season premiere. I need to get on that!

Also, can I just say that I love that you are referring to the South as the former CSA... Don't know what you mean by "former" though.

4. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ yeah Archer is the best. His relationship with his butler. :grin:

5. TheSeeker

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because Woodhouse is out there, cold and alone... He's probably dehydrated!"

~~~

"Fetching a rug, sir!"

6. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Seeker. I'm actually from NC too! Are you on the Outer Banks, I love it there. Used to go up to Kitty Hawk all the time when I was a kid. I'm actually from the Triangle area though. I put this tongue-in-cheek location description because I went from the Triangle, NC to Appalachia, Eastern Tennessee. Jayyyy-sus Christ the scenery is beautiful but the social climate...man.

I mean I'm from the Triangle 'burbs so I'm used to a utter dearth of..um..diversity(I mean I'm white, but this was like Stepford) but I could deal with the yuppie kind. Y'know, "Brenda, we'll meet you at the book club, we just stopped by the fresh market to pick up a cabernet that you simply must try" kinda thing. There's no diversity here either, but it's more of a "I hear banjos, paddle faster.." kinda vibe. I put that Location up because I felt like outta the frying pan into the fire kinda thing. I mean, I love the Triangle and all of NC but in recent years...Amendment One...Pat"No, I didn't read the damn bill before I signed it" McCrory coming into power. You're lucky to live on the coast though, I lived in Wilmington for a couple of years, I loved it.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2014 at 09:46 AM ----------

Sorry, my internet sucks so the page is refreshing slow. That's probably why those comments seemed out of order.

7. AAASAS

I'll be watching Chozen. Anything by the creators of Archer deserve a chance.

The story of Kreiger being a son of an ex-Nazi who fled to Brazil is one of the best episodes ever.

8. TheSeeker

Oh hey there! Yeah I am on the OBX. I work with the Park Service so I have worked at Bodie Island and Hatteras Island (although my favorite spot is Ocracoke)... East Tennessee is amazing, but yeah, not terribly enlightened. Good National Parks and National Forests over there though! I am originally from Colorado, so I need my mountain fix as frequently as possible, and West North Carolina is where I go (Asheville is the bomb). Also, your sampling of yuppie dialogue is just amazing...

Also, Pat McCrory is a douche.

Shoot me a message if you are ever on the OBX again and I can give the insider's scoop on whats going on at Cape Hatteras!

Be well,

The Seeker

9. tscott

Went to Wake Forest for grad school...not made it to the OBX...parents had a place in Beaufort, S.C....lived in Virginia and family from Virginia 1700's...love Ashville...really glad Archer is back...less impressed with Chozen...could be my age though there were some funny bits...will give it a go...by the by how great is it working of the Park Service.

10. Oxelotl

Archer is mt favourite animated show of all time. I absolutely love it. And I thought last nights episode was brilliant, and I'm loving the new direction the show is taken. It's a pretty ballsy move from Adam Reed (the writer).

As for Chozen (which isn't actually by the people behind Archer, it just looks the same), I didn't find it that good. I honestly thought it just wasn't that funny, or the humour didn't interest me as much as Archer.

11. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? I knew some people behind Eastbound and Down we're behind it, but I thought it was Archer too. Yeah, I agree it's not as funny as Archer, but I still found Chozen to be entertaining.

12. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't seen Chozen, and it didn't really look that good or interesting to me. I really like Archer, but I have a lot of catching up to do; same with the Blacklist and NCIS.

13. Kreiger

Archer's where my screenname came from. :grin: