1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Minnie, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Minnie

It's so weird watching Disney movies I loved as a kid and realising that part of me must have known all along that I liked girls. Eg, Madam Mim transforming herself into a beautiful young woman in The Sword in the Stone; Shanti's eyes at the end of The Jungle Book. Anyone else noticed this?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not specifically with disney stuff, but frankly I feel I should have noticed my gender a lot earlier. How do you sit there and think just how lovely Alice looks with her ribbons then say to yourself in your head 'Pfff gaaaaaaaay' and ignore it again.

3. DrkRayne

Kinda...I was never into the prince charming and couldnt get with it. But I liked looking at the pretty girls.
    Lena Headey as Katherine in Jungle Book was my first tv crush. It was a live action disney movie and I used to watch it over an over because I thought she was soooooo pretty.

4. unsuspecting

Honestly I agree I don't think my mind was developed enough to realize it, but I was always into the love stories and I was "jealous" of the girl getting the guy, and I guess to some extent wished I was the girl. I am now a gay guy and realize I don't have to be a girl to get guys :slight_smile:

5. LifeIsGrey

strangely i never really started thinking anyone was attractive until i was about 15. i guess my feelings watching tank girl should have been some kind of clue but i never really thought about it until later.