1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oscar nominations 2014

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by freeskies, Jan 16, 2014.

1. freeskies

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Gravity is the most artistically significant movie I've seen in a long long time. Absolutely brilliant filmmaking! And the fact that it's also emotionally involving and has entertainment value is the cherry on the cake. Like Vertigo, Lawrence of Arabia, The Godfather and others, Gravity is a true testament to what Hollywood is capable of doing, when it actually tries.

If quality was all that mattered, it would win in a landslide. But alas, Oscar "campaigning" has many factors, which is why an artistically minor, self-important "human interest" story like 12 Years a Slave and a start-stunned, bland and derivative ensemble piece like American Hustle are contenders too. I still hope quality will trump over irrelevant factors, though I should probably know better. I do follow the Oscars every year, after all.

#2 Adi, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014