1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skins UK

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Rainbow Girl, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Rainbow Girl

So watched the first four minutes or so the first episode in the first season of Skins UK (it was featuring Tony). If there's anyone here who's seen the whole thing could tell if it's always so … blunt and intense? I don't think I've ever heard so much swearing in a few minutes in my life and although I knew there was a lot of nudity I wasn't excepting it to be that graphic (I'm mainly referring to Tony's blanket). If somebody who's watched the whole thing could tell me if it's like that all the time and if it's worth it. Thanks.

2. ManchesterJbre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've seen all 7 series of Skins and because it focuses on teenagers there is admittedly a lot of swearing and nudity etc... Whilst it is like this the stories that the characters go through (whilst exaggerated) are still very relatable and if you stick with it then I think it's a good show! :grin:

3. Rainbow Girl

Thanks. I also meant to ask in my original post, how graphic are the sex scenes and is the ever any visible private parts?

4. LiquidSwords

Man I remember loving skins way back when it first aired, was the coolest thing. You can expect a lot of swearing, sex, drugs etc all the way through, yes. They won't show genitals though, no.

5. marvin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've seen the first four series. I first saw it when I was about 17 and found parts of a bit disturbing (I guess that I led a pretty sheltered life). It's very well written though, quite dark at times but also sometimes incredibly funny.

6. Ben

Ben

Welcome to British television… haha.

7. HelmetBoi

Whether it's worth it really depends on what you're into, if you dislike swearing then it may not be for you as there's a lot of it! It's a little over the top generally but it's very well written, there's drama, comedy, and all sorts of other stuff. It has moments of being insanely funny and also incredibly moving.

I really liked the first two series, but then again I did have a MASSIVE crush on the gorgeous Mitch Hewer... :lol:

8. Black Swan

I'm four episodes in, it seems that they show female genitalia and not male? Not sure why..

9. i used to love skins but stopped watching after the first 3 series.

naomis speech to katie though, back when i was 17 or however old it spoke to me so much omg.

10. Probably one of my favorite shows of all time. Oh god when Rich said bye I was bawling. I was depressed for like three days. But it was worth it.