1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Ideas

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Extreme26, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know this may sound a bit stupid but I will say it anyway. I have thought up a few ideas for some movies. Does anyone know what the next step is then? Do you have to pitch your idea to a movie producer or something but before that do you have to do something?

I was just wondering how do you get your movie idea onto the big screen?

2. Nick

Normally you need an agent, otherwise it's fairly difficult/impossible to get people to even look at it.

I know that Warner Bros. have a writer's workshop in the U.S. (http://www2.warnerbros.com/writersworkshop/) but I see that you're in England.

What you should do is write a screenplay and/or treatment of your script (a free program that I use for formatting is called CeltX (http://www.celtx.com/) and join some indie film making forums or try and find people who are in your local area who want to help you make a movie.

I'm not sure of what your ideas are and they might be a bit too ambitious to be done with little-to-zero budget, but my advice is to work on character driven films for the moment and if you think they are good (and others think that too) submit them to film festivals. From there, you can start making larger and larger scale movies.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could always pitch it to Pixar. As long as it has two goofy animal leads who split apart halfway through and rejoin at the end to fight off the humans, I'm sure they would take it.

4. Poring

** Sarcasm Detected **

But honestly, I would suggest to start joining forums and communities of like film-oriented people and stuff, like what Pinstripe said. Usually, they have forums and stuff for stuff like this. Do some google'ing, I'm sure you're bound to find something.

5. -Michael-

Yeh...
    Im into making my films and stuff.
    But im going through college and uni directing courses before i start pitching properly.
    Try indie forums as before said and try and get some funny shorts on YouTube.
    Have a decent enough Youtube channel....you can get anyones attention :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: