1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror any one?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XTREMEZish, Jan 24, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So since this is my first post I want to do something general so what is everyone's favorite horror film. Also list somethings about it like if it is on Netflix, who made it, and what year it came out. Also no spoilers.

My favorite horror movie is The Strangers. It is about a straight couple going to their mountain home and they get "robbed" by three people with mask. It was made by Universal in the year 2008. It is for people who can handle a scary movie. I don't think it is on Netflix.

2. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi XTREMEZish!

Mine is the ultimate classic, The Exorcist! There's something about the transformation of Linda Blair's face from angelic to demonic that keeps me up at night everytime I watch it.
    Ugh, just imagining her face right now makes me want put a pillow over my face.

I also watch a lot of horror documentaries in Youtube. And for some reason, I always end up watching a few just when I am about to sleep. LOL.

Cheers!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love things like Freddy vs Jason and Halloween but can't stand "realistic" sadism snuff films like Hostel. That's just realllllyyyy messed up. It takes the fun out of it. I know Freddy and mike Myers are fake but the reality is there are sickos like the ones in hostel and that quite literally hurts my soul to think about it.

4. setnyx

hellrasier all of them. it's about a puzzle box which opens the door... i love pinhead!

5. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have very susceptible imagination so I dont watch horrors because I cannot sleep for the week after that :slight_smile:

6. C P

C P

I am a fan of the classics like Halloween(which scares the hell out of me still) and Friday the 13th, but I love a good jump scare.

One of my recent favorites was The Conjuring, when I went to see it in theaters last year. Had me jumping out of my seat fairly often.

7. Harve

Favourite horrors:

- Martyrs
    - 28 Days Later
    - [REC]
    - Calvaire
    - Dread
    - Wolf Creek
    - Saw

8. gaymersofter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG finally a topic on horror. :grin: sry I'm a big horror fan

My favorite would be a tie between Blair Witch Project, Zombieland, V/H/S, and The Howling.

Also I get alot of hate for this but I also like the paranormal activity movies. In a so bad its good kind of way. I just think the whole ghost-hunting thing is stupid. >.<

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the jump out of your seats horror movies because I don't react to them but it's hilarious watching everyone spazzing out in the theaters.

10. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love horror!! There's too many to list here's a few favorites, anything by Stephen king, all the saw,nightmare on elm street,Friday the thirteenth movies and I've just discovered Japanese and Korean horror movies which so far are great!

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was actually going to say this one. In the most pedantic/technical terms, they actually get burglarized and not robbed, but yeah, bad guys get into their house and torment them in every way possible. It was scary as all get-out because it is one of the few horror scenarios that despite being improbable is quite realistic.

An older one I liked though was Sphere, adapted from the book by Michael Crichton(?). It's a mix of sci-fi and horror, but the idea of being waaay down at the bottom of the ocean is claustrophobic and very unsettling. That's without mentioning the other craziness that goes on.

12. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to EC, XTREMEZish! :smilewave

On-topic: I love horror movies, I prefer the older ones, but I do enjoy some of the newer ones.

My favourite would be Wes Craven's New Nightmare, I also love the Saw series, I've seen all six of the movies, at least three times. (There were definitely only six, there was never a Saw 3D :dry:slight_smile:.

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first Saw is by far the best. You'll enjoy it more if you know nothing about it. It's pretty popular so there's a good chance you already saw it! I also pretend the 7th Saw film never happened.

Alien is another film that stuck in my head. I love most of the Resident Evil movies. Hell, I loved some of the more outrageous horror movies such as Hostel and Tokyo Gore Police. I've had to watch a lot of bad horror films such as Mega Piranha to get to the good ones though!

14. XTREMEZish

No one has mentioned The Fourth Kind. It is about an alien story told through Therapy sessions. It is a great story. Also if where on the line lets add miniseries. AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM. It is the best T.V show/ miniseries I have ever sean. Also Insidious (The second one destroyed the franchise) it is incredible.

Also anyone know where you can watch saw online?

#14 XTREMEZish, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  15. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned The Thing. The original by John Carpenter. One of the most tense & frightening movies I've ever seen. Be warned, it is also one of the goriest as well.

Oh, and welcome, XTREMEZish! :smilewave

16. XTREMEZish

17. Kreiger

All the Evil Dead movies. Bruce Campbell is a God.
    The remake that came out last year was great too.

18. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to EC XTREMEZish! :slight_smile:

If I had to limit it to just one, I would have to say that my absolute favorite horror film is Kairo/Pulse. The original Japanese version written and directed by Kiyoshi Kurosawa. I think it came out in 2005, and it's in Japanese, but it has English subtitles. It is nothing like the horrible American remake. If you love horror, then you owe it to yourself to see this movie. It is like no other horror movie that I have ever seen and I have seen a whole lot, especially Asian horror, since those are usually the best. It's also not just a bunch of jump scares either. There is a lot of meaning to this movie and it plays on every emotion. I can not say enough good things about this movie. I have a lot of other favorite horror movies like John Carpenter's "The Thing", but Pulse(Kairo) is no doubt the absolute best horror movie in my opinion.

#18 ShadowSpirit26, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  19. antimacy

Agreed! The Evil Dead movies are some of my all time favourites.

Other than those, I'm a huge fan of the Saw movies, and the classics of course, like Nightmare of Elm Street, Halloween, and Friday the 13th.
    I really enjoyed Insidious as well.

20. XTREMEZish

Did you go to the Halloween Horror Nights maze for Evil Dead last year?