1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my laptop is broken *head desk*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by interstella, Jul 1, 2008.

1. interstella

I came home from school yesterday to find that my laptop is broken :frowning2: all of my stuff is still on the hard drive but it won't load my user profile (it gives me a temporary one) and it keeps crashing. My dad said that it might be spyware but I just ran a full system scan using norton and it came back negative. This is like the fifth virus I've had and last time it cost us £200 to fix. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is it worth keeping or should I get a new cheap one?

Thanks
    h

2. -Michael-

Is it windows XP or vista?

3. interstella

its xp professional

4. -Michael-

on the log on screen control alt delete and type in administrator on the username
    and there is no password. try running the virus program on there

5. neverover

im using free antivirus by avast. its quite good. and it has that cool ambulance sounds when it found a virus.
    my laptop is kinda broken too, tho. sometimes the colour black in my screen turned into matrix green. but its a total hardware issue. a slap on the screen does it all.:lol:

6. davo-man

I think mine had a similar problem, and what I did to fix it was backup everything to an external harddrive and restore it to factory settings...Took like an entire day to do, and I had to re install all my programs but it worked