1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridegroom

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by treeofleaves, Jan 27, 2014.

1. treeofleaves

So there is a recentish documentary that came out called Bridegroom, its a really sad story about this guy and his partner. Its a really amazing and touching documentary and i was wondering if anyone else had watched it and what they think?!

Here is the trailer for anyone who wants to see it:
    BRIDEGROOM TRAILER - YouTube

:bang:

2. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was one of the saddest and most tragic things I have ever seen. Tom's family treated Shane with such callous, lying, evil behaviour. If anyone is considering watching this, be prepared to have your feelers yanked on.

3. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This documentary made me weep like a baby for the rest of the night after watching it. You're right Ruprect, the Bridegrooms treated Shane in a vile manner. However, I don't hate them. I pity them. Think about it, all the time they'll never have with Tom, that they could have had if not for their blinding hate. Shane does have that time and those memories to cherish, and the Bridegrooms can never take that away from him. They have their son's corpse and memories of pretending their son didn't exist. That must be a bitter, bitter victory.

4. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The irony of it all is that the Bridegroom family's denial and cruelty, forced Shane to share his story with the world (as a healing mechanism), making it incredibly difficult to deny who their son was and what kind of people they are.