1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scary Stories

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cubiculum, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a thread where you can write scary stories. It can be an urban legend, a creepypasta, a variation of a popular story or something you completely made up.

The Portraits:
    There was a hunter in the woods, who, after a long day hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning.

As he looked around the inside of the cabin, he was surprised to see the walls adorned by several portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred and malice. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

The next morning, the hunter awoke—he turned, blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows :eek:

THAT STORY REALLY CREEPED ME OUT!

Post other scary stories on this thread.

2. Mysz

Freaky! I'd imagine he ran out of there as fast as possible as soon as the sun came up and slept in trees after that.
    Scary stories work best if you have a vivid imagination- and you're reading with only one light on in the room :wink:
    Following this to see if anyone has others... I vaguely remember being told one about roses, though that'll have to wait.

3. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Keyhole:
    A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances.

So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life.

He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a bright red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. Those unfortunate enough to see the ghost have described her as completely white with bright red eyes." :eek:

---------- Post added 28th Jan 2014 at 06:57 AM ----------

The Man and the Message:
    I've been lying down for hours now. It's 5:35 AM and there's not much I can do. You know what the worst part about my situation is? I'm in the same room with my parents. They keep looking at me, and I can't help but look back and try not to cry or scream. Their eyes are focused on me and their mouths are wide open. There's the strong scent of blood and I feel paralyzed with fear.

Here's the thing, the second I make any hint that I'm not asleep anymore, I'm completely f***ed. I will die and there's nobody around to save me. I've been trying to think of a way out but the only idea I have is to rush for the door and run outside the front door and scream for help, hoping my neighbours hear me. It's risky, but if I stay here, I'll surely die. He's waiting for me to wake up and see his masterpiece.

You're probably wondering what's going on, I get ahead of myself sometimes.

About three hours ago, I heard screaming from the other side of the house, I got up and went to check on the noise before realizing I had to use the restroom, instead of doing the smart thing and investigating, I used the bathroom first. I could've gotten myself killed right then from my stupid actions. But I actually did my business and took a peek outside the bathroom. There was blood on the carpet. I got very worried and ran back to my room, hiding under my sheets like the pussy I was. I tried to convince myself to go back to sleep, that it was just some really vivid dream or something.

But I heard the bathroom door open. Like the terrified child I was, I peeked from under my blankets to see what was going on. I could see something dragging my dead parents into the room. It was not human, I can tell you that. It was hairless, with no eyes and no clothing, it walked like a caveman, with its back slouched as it dragged my parents. But this thing was much smarter than any caveman. It was aware of what it was doing.

It propped my dad up on the edge of my bed, and made him face me. It then sat my mother down in the chair and positioned her towards me as well. It then started rubbing its hands upon the wall, staining them with blood and then drew a circle with the devil's pentagram on it. This thing had made what it probably would call a masterpiece. To finish it off, it scribbled a message onto the wall that I could not read in the darkness.

It then positioned itself under my bed, waiting to strike.

The scariest thing now, my eyes have adjusted to the darkness since then and I can read the message on the wall. I don't want to look at it, because it's terrifying to think about. But I feel I need to see, before I'm killed.

I peek at the creature's masterpiece:

"I know you're awake." :eek:

4. chivalrous

One day Hansel and Gretel decided to go on a picnic so they packed a full basket of food and went to the woods, Hansel and gretel were having a lovely day so much that they completly lost track of time. Night fell quickly and the two decided to start a fire. as the full moon began to reveal itself within the shadows of the night. Hansel and Gretel started to hear noises here and there, and a short shadowy figure started to emerge from deep inside the desolate forest . before long the shadowy figure revealed itself to be a green skinned witch.

Hansel and Gretel realizing they were in the forbidden forest began to run away from the campfire, and the witch. unfortunately Hansel tripped on a branch. the witch seized the moment to cut of one of Hansels hand with a concealed saw, pop it in her mouth and say "hm this is yummy" as Hansel cried in pain. Gretel Heard the cries of Hansel and as the cliche heroine does decided to return to the scene.

By which stage Hansel had lost a hand, a heart and a leg and was about to die. Gretel stood there paralyzed at the sight of Hansel Half Cannibalized body. so the witch decided to chain up Gretel, Finish of Hansel and eventually Drag Gretel back to her house. Where Gretel would be stored into the witches fridge for the next day.

(A remix of Hansel and Gretel)

5. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Synopsis: What if you find yourself lost miles from home with just leather armor & a stone sword and you run afoul of a Enderman, one of Minecraft's most terrifying monsters?

First Enderman encounter
    I had been searching the land for food for hours, with little luck. I suddenly realized that in my fevered quest for substance, I had become completely lost, with no hope of finding my way home. Making the snap decision to reestablish myself, I quickly made for the nearby forest to acquire the necessary supplies. I had just finished chopping down my 3rd tree when the last dregs of light drained from the leaves, plunging the forest into darkness. I really needed to get moving now, or I'd become zombie food.

I was aware of the zombies, skeletons, creepers & spiders that roamed the land when night fell, and had fought them all, but one creature had, until this fateful night, evaded me. The Enderman. I didn't know much about these mysterious beings, other than their ability to teleport in combat and their vulnerability to water. They apparently also had their own dimension, The End. I shivered at the thought of all this, and continued into the eternal night, unaware of what I would encounter, good or bad.

Trudging though the grassy plains with my full set of leather armor & my stone sword, I bravely fought off anything that was foolish enough to come near. I had just disposed of a zombie when something on the hill in the distance caught my weary eye. It looked like nothing I had previously seen. It was tall, black in color and had a purple aura surrounding it. I realized that this was the fabled Enderman. Strangely, it wasn't attacking me on sight, like all the other monsters. For a brief moment, nothing happened. I then made an almost fatal mistake. I happened to pass my gaze directly over the creature and it instantly turned around, frozen in place, mouth wide open and shaking violently. From it's gaping mouth came one of the most blood-freezing sounds I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. It sounded like a demon's scream run backwards through a broken electronic filter. I was literally frozen with fear, unable to move. After what seemed like an eternity, I slowly backed away, eyes firmly fixed on the enraged creature. I really didn't want to anger it further. I happened to glance down for a split second. Remembering that I had a pissed off other-worldly beast staring me down, I shot my glance straight back up again. But it was too late. It had disappeared. Frantically looking around, I heard a demonic scream coming from behind me. Before I knew it, I was getting pounded into the ground. I knew that if I didn't put up a fight now, I'd be history. So I swung my sword as hard as I possibly could. It disappeared again. This repeated itself until I was down to 1 heart and running away. My leather armor was virtually gone, torn to pieces by this ruthless... thing. I was praying for a miracle at this point. Suddenly, it started to rain and the Enderman vanished completely. Mercifully, I found a cave to seek refuge in for the rest of the night. I built a new house the next day. These days, I'm much more careful when in the presence of an Enderman. Somewhere out there, I know that the beast that assaulted me that night still lurks waiting for his second chance to strike & to put me under the ground for good...​

Probably not as scary as The Portraits, but it was worth a go.

#5 Strathclyder, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  6. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Babysitter and the Man Outside:
    On a snowy night, a girl was babysitting for two children in a large house. She was in the living room watching TV when she saw something outside. The TV was in front of two large patio doors and she thought that she saw something moving outside, and not the snow. She stood up and she finally figured out that it was a man. At first, she thought he was just standing thinking because the patio doors led to the front lawn and there was a long road leading to other houses.

She then noticed that he was smiling, but it wasn't an ordinary smile, it was psychotic; an 'I'm gonna get you' kind of smile. The man was carrying a KNIFE, and slowly began WALKING TOWARDS THE PATIO DOORS. The girl ran to the doors and locked them and, even though it was clear that he could see her, he didn't stop and kept on walking.

But then she realised something - the man was outside in 6 inches of snow but there wasn't a single footprint on the ground, not one. All that time the girl thought she could hear him walking towards her, leading her to believe that it was a VERY quiet night, but then she realised where he was:

He wasn't walking from outside towards the patio doors. She was looking at his reflection and he was right behind her... :eek:

7. xshayarshan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The Russian Sleep Experiment

Creepy and entertaining.

If you prefer listening, then scroll to the bottom and listen to the video (Audio)

The Russian Sleep Experiment - YouTube