1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diana Son's "Stop Kiss"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IJustWantToLove, Jan 29, 2014.

1. IJustWantToLove

Hey everyone =)

Has anyone of you seen Diana Son's play "Stop Kiss"? I've been to a performance today and I enjoyed it a lot. It's kind of a sad story though.
    It's basically a love story about two apparently straight girls, Sara and Callie, falling in love with each other. But when they share their first kiss in a park in the middle of the night they get assaulted and Sara is heavily injured and falls into a coma for some time. The play covers the timespan from their first meeting 'til sometime later after Sara woke from the coma. It's not played chronological though and ends with their first kiss.

The playbill/programme (don't know which word is the right one in this context, sorry...) also included a quote by the playwright, which I quite like: "I would never personally say 'This is a play about homophobia. This is a play about gay bashing. This is a play about the civil rights of gays and lesbians in America.' I would describe the play as a love story."

To all of you who have seen it: I would love to know what others thought about the play? Please share your thoughts =)

To all of you who haven't seen it: Totally worth watching :wink: