1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2 (What do you think?)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mickey1101, Feb 1, 2014.

1. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [YOUTUBE]vtkGtXtDlQA[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know If you guys have already seem this video(and if you haven't great, you can now:slight_smile:) but I'm really interested to know what you think the "hidden messages" you see in it.

Warning: It is alittle disturbing for some...

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really think the message is hidden. It seems real obvious to me: We all run out of time in our lives, whether we want to accept that or not. And if that's a long time, then that means we age and things we don't like start happening to us. While we've come to the point where life expectancy has increased vastly over the past centuries, it seems as though we're getting to the point where we're chasing immortality, and to the point where it'll just be endless, or at least until the last human dies off.
    Meanwhile, we ask all these questions about time. Because it can be fascinating, it can be scary, it can be wonderful, so many things all wrapped into one thing. So we need to make the most use of it as we possibly can, instead of just sitting on our asses wasting all of it, when there's so much to do with the time we have.

#2 Jinkies, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  3. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True but it also shows the clock very much controlling the puppets too, keeping with the theme of the first one not allowing to think on their own and controlling them...to me there is layers.

4. kaypulu

Yeah I mostly think it's about death and dying. With the clock being bossy I think it's also about the (western) idea of always living for the future, which in a way is pointless because as the video says "the future doesn't exist". Like in the O-L-D days you lived for the moment because you didn't have food and a solid roof over your head and you were just happy to be alive, but nowadays it's rarely about now and the moments we are enjoying, rather than always hoping to be enjoying something in the future. We are studying to get a job, and when we get that job we are working to get on a holiday, and on that holiday we are waiting to just come back home.

I really love the creators of these, they put loads of effort in these videos and they look great and they have this nice snarkiness/wit. The littlest details also, like spelling wrist as 'rizd' and "scrub until the water gets BROWN" just get me. Very entertaining!

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are layers to any piece of artwork, especially when it has a message to it. That's what art is. And it's clearly what the DHMIS series is, it's a series of artistic videos. So yeah, I agree with you.

6. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Might I just say first that these are really trippy?

My friend commented on how creepy it was, and the first one. In both the videos there is the theme of control of the subject at hand, one being creativity and two being time. The fact that these are so trippy and/or creepy demonstrate, at least to me, that while both can be good, we should not let those concepts completely govern us. Just my opinion.

7. Stripe101

There's a second one?!

[​IMG]