1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Library

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Joe54321, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disappointed with my school library after looking high a low in our school library online catalogue there is no LGBT books at all neither fiction or non-fiction. In a comprehensive and modern school I see that as pretty disturbing bringing back memory's of section 28. Have you had the same experiences in your school libraries? Are sexual minority books still a taboo?

2. Kreiger

Hrm, I should check. Although my school library's got a pretty good selection, its how I've been reading A Song of Ice and Fire.

3. XTREMEZish

My school doesn't have a library. They have bean "working" on one for two years. But it brings up a good point. I'll see if they will end up getting any LGBT books.

4. Silver Sparrow

My school has a really good collection. Our librarian is also the advisor of the GSA, so that helps.

5. okthen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Barely anything at my school. There's this book called "It Gets Better" in the non-fiction section; and in the fiction section, "See You At Harry's" (where the main character's brother is gay), but from what I've noticed so far, that's about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have one book at our library "LGBT in Teen Years" or something silly. It's like twelve pages long, and could almost be classified as a picture book. But still. Cred to the librarian for having enough balls to put something of that nature in my homo-hating school's library.