1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuri

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tulips2198, Feb 6, 2014.

1. tulips2198

tulips2198 Guest

Does anyone know where i can watch some good Yuri. Also, does anyone know some good Yuri shows??

2. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Watch yuri?
    I assure you you'll find better quality with all kinds of Erotic Anime when its manga style reading.
    There are a few good shows, but they're not usually Yuri specific.
    Since youre bisexual though I guess you could wade through some normal hentai to find yuri, because alot of good scenes are put into regular hentai, due to its emphasis on females.

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea theres honestly no good yuri animes (I know). They only have good manga...

4. Mysz

Yuri/yaoi are the hardcore versions of boy love / girl love...
    Aoi Hana is shoujo-ai, but it's super sweet and can be a tearjerker. Just look for it online (subbed) =) I don't know any real yuri shows, however.
    I feel like there is a much larger section of yaoi than yuri, catering to a lot of straight girl fans. Just look at Junjou Romantica :/

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is gonna be tame stuff. You've probably already seen Strawberry Panic. If you want a love story I guess that's the way to go. I watched 5 or 6 episodes and got bored. I really enjoyed Ga-Rei Zero but it's actually about a strong friendship between two girls. It's got great fighting action. And depending on your morality, you could try Strike Witches. It's mostly fanservice. I swear they're all lesbians.

6. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I haven't seen a lot of yuri, but here are some anime I've come across that might be of interest:

Canon same-sex relationships/romantic feelings between women
    Revolutionary Girl Utena
    Sasameki Koto
    Blue Drop
    Bodacious Space Pirates
    Simoun
    Sailor Moon

Strong subtext
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    El Cazador de la Bruja
    Noir
    Daybreak Illusion

Honorable mentions (i.e. small amounts of "yuri" content, either canon or subtextual)
    Kino's Journey
    Jormungand
    Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing
    Penguindrum

Note that some of these are...not the most tasteful in their depictions, like Simoun and Penguindrum. I can provide more information if any sound interesting.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Try strawberry panic , sakura trick (sakura trick is new and the girls start off as a couple )
    Kanazuki no miko , Mai Hime .

8. thekillingmoon

Maria-sama ga Miteru

It's been a long time since I watched that. It's a good anime. I remember having a crush on Sei. :icon_bigg