1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSB: Brawl

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Jul 7, 2008.

1. pirateninja

Okay, so I FINALLY bought Brawl on Tuesday, but was unable to play it until Saturday.

OH. MY. GOD.

As a previous Melee fan, I was expecting great things from this. And it surpassed ALL of my expectations. I have to say, nothing beats Wario successfully farting Link right out of Metal Gear Solid 4's arena. It's just little things like that that just makes life worth living. :roflmao:

So already I have unlocked Luigi, Ness and Sonic and am determined to unlock Snake before too long. Not only are there a ton of different Brawl modes, you can video brawls, take pictures, collect trophies and stickers and play a side scrolling adventure game.

It's just a shame I don't have Wi-Fi connection, or I'd be asking everyone for their friend codes.

So, who else has it and what are your opinions?

2. interstella

I've played it twice and I like it. It's kinda hard to play with a gamecube controller though. I might get it soon.

3. Defraction

I got it last wednesday. :grin:

It's pretty easy to unlock everyone, since you just have to complete the Subspace Emissary to unlock all but 3, and then you go back to certain levels and there'll be new doors to go through where you will fight them.

SSE takes about 8 hours.

I've unlocked quite a lot considering I haven't had it that long. I suppose that shows how much I play it... xD

Oh and Wi-Fi is only decent against people who are close to, like the same country and stuff. I tried playing 2 online matches and the second one just froze completely. I've just been playing with my friend who lives about 10 minutes away and there's about half a second lag between a button press and an action, but that's easy to adjust to.

Gamecube controller works just like how it did in melee... only you can turn tap jump off now if you got sick of jumping everywhere when you tried to do an Up Smash. :grin:

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had it since March (and have been waiting for it much longer), and the hype is starting to wear off. I like it, it's fun, but it's...slow. I'm really starting to wish they had never made the SSE and spent that development time and effort on something else, like giving Wolf and Falco, Toon Link, and Sheik different FSs from Fox, Link, and Zelda. Three Landmasters? Where's the Great Flood, or a Wolfen? Anything? Online is pretty poor, you can't transfer the save file to back it up, Stickers and Chronicle and Masterpieces are all wastes of disk space....I have fun with it, but it's not half of what they made it seem like it would be.

On the reverse side, it wasn't completely ripped apart. Special Brawl now has multiple options instead of one at a time, and Stage Builder is amusing if not tightly limited. Marth, my most used character, is just as good as he's always been, and Luigi - who's too hilarious not to use and gets my secondary spot - has been strengthened a little since Melee. And in classic gaming tradition, I and the rest of America got four months of practice ahead of Europe.

5. Cool Beans

I have it. I quite like it, although I don't play it much any more. I haven't used the wi-fi connection to play online, though; I don't know anyone else who owns it. Still, though, it's a fun game and I like the fact that there are a lot of stages (although I don't like playing on New Pork City because it's so big I can't see anything!). And farting Wario is awesome.

6. lolz

i love this game although i havnt played it since the week i bought it..

anyone have a friend code so we can duel? lol

7. Charme

Charme Guest

OMG. i love this game but i dont have it! i have a wii but my parents only let me buy one game when we got it. I chose mario kart cuz no lag when you play online. i wish i got brawl now. Zelda pwnz all especially with smash ball. XDDD

8. otc877

otc877 Guest

Yep. I love this game, and appropriately I've unlocked every character... :slight_smile:

My favorites are Sheik, Pikachu, and Lucas ... piyahhh

if i knew my friend code i'd tell you guys, but my Wii isn't hooked up right now :frowning2:

9. Étoile

I got it in April for my birthday and I love it, although I don't play it as muc has I used to. The details are spectacular and the characters are so fun. My favorites are Lucus, Peach, Zelda, and Ike.

My friend is obsessed with the game but he doesn't have the Wii. Whenever he comes to my house, he plays the freakin' game all day! The game is good but not to the point you ignore your friends! LOL

10. Paralyzer

OMG

I hate the ice climbers.. they need to die.
    I was fighting FOUR of them, because the computer decided that one group wasn't enough. AND a Wario so that was like... well, let's just say I cried

I was playing group but I used random computers

11. Malchik89

That came is more addicting that any illegal narcotic out there. Zelda's my giiiiiirrrrl! And yeah just like in melee i seem to be one of the only people who can successfully use Ganon in combat xD

12. pirateninja

Oh hell, I love playing as Ganon. It's such fun to kick people off the screen. :grin:

13. sayitforreals

I play this every time I am at my friend Wesleys. I always choose Zelda, but I was a little disappointed in shiek in this game.

14. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

I love kirby, once i start playin again im really good but the wifi fights piss me off cuz some of the people on there are annoying and they do the sam e thing over and over again and i wish they would die