1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any Buffy fans still out there?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by volleyball girl, Feb 12, 2014.

1. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there were any Buffy fans still out there. I know its an older show, but it was awesome (in my opinion of course) and I wish I could just talk about it with others :slight_smile: Maybe you can start by saying who your favorite character was. I know she wasn't a main character, but my fav is Faith hehe

2. FrozenFae

*raises hand and jumps excitedly whilst squeeing like a little girl*

me me me me me!!!!!!

I LOVE Buffy! My favorite character was Giles and my favorite episodes are a three way tie between "Hush" "The Body" and "Once More With Feeling"

I actually have the soundtrack to that last episode on my i-pod :grin:

....wow....didn't mean to geek out so much hehe

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes and I love Buffy one of the best shows of the 90's

4. Kreiger

We are always here, ready to laugh in the face of danger!
    Then hide until it goes away.
    Buffy's been my favorite show since I first saw it 12 years ago. It still holds up as a show, despite the dated references and special "effects."

5. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    hahaha please don't apologize. I'm glad I am not the only one who geeks out about it :slight_smile: Giles was awesome. There are so many great characters in this show. i have a love/hate relationship with Joss Whedon for being so awesome yet killing off characters we love lol. Thank goodness he hasn't killed Faith yet *phew* I loved the musical too and I also have the soundtrack lol. It was awesome

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2014 at 07:58 AM ----------

Haha that's one of my favorite quotes from Xander. It definitely does hold up as a show. The dialogue is just so real and humane. It's just a great show. They don't make good shows like that anymore :frowning2: well, except for Joss himself. He has done some pretty awesome shows after Buffy. Too bad they all got canceled :frowning2:

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2014 at 08:00 AM ----------

It definitely was. Who was ur favorite character? :slight_smile: Feel free to geek out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. FrozenFae

Volleyball Girl,

Have you read the graphic novel series of Buffy that picked up where the show left off? Its actually pretty interesting. Joss Whedon was involved with it as well. Though it DID get me so angry when they killed off a certain character.

7. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE BUFFY!!! I discovered the show two years ago on Netflix and I watched all of Buffy and the spin off series Angel. It's probably my third favorite show.

Although it has one of the strongest cult followings I don't know a whole lot of people that have actually seen it. So if anyone mentions that they have seen Buffy I kinda freak out and am like "I'm not the only one!!" :lol:

8. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Absolutely! I have not read season 9 yet. I am missing an issue! lol. But I think i found it so I'll read it eventually. And yes, i was very upset about that certain death. But have you read the Angel and Faith comics? They're pretty awesome. And since Faith is my favorite, of course i was excited about it lol

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2014 at 12:53 PM ----------

Hahaha please feel free to freak out all you want. I completely understand lol. When I find people who watch Buffy I get super excited cuz its such a great show but people dont see that lol.

9. FrozenFae

Unfortunately not yet. I've never been able to find issues of them when I've checked. I've heard they're pretty awesome though. And yes, Faith is a badass :grin:

All this Buffy talk now though makes me want to bust the dvds out this weekend and have a marathon lol

10. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    They sell the books of Angel and Faith. You might wanna get them :slight_smile: I think it will help in some way with the whole death of a certain someone lol. And yes! I wanna do a marathon as well lol. I haven't watched it in a while

11. EatYourRikkios

*squees* I love Buffy! The series, I mean. Buffy the character is nice and all, but somehow ends up lower on the totem pole of my favorite characters. My favorite would be either Willow, especially in the early seasons when she was still geeky, or Xander, for so many reasons I can't begin to articulate them all.

And yes, the comics! I adore those things, sometimes even more than the tv series.

12. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha yes! I definitely agree on the Buffy part. So many other characters are much better than buffy lol. Willow is so awesome and I love her nerdiness hehe. I'm so happy there's other people who love the show too :slight_smile:. I love the comics because they can be more open about what they show there than on tv. So I would definitely agree on that :slight_smile:

13. SheikahOfTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My girlfriend just started to get me to watch Buffy this year..so far so good! Unfortunately it's taken a back seat recently since grad school started back up again. I can't wait until I can binge on it again

14. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a big fan of Buffy too. My favorite characters are Willow and Spike (for completely different reasons). My favorite episodes are the one where Spike gets caught by the Initiative and the one where Spike tells Buffy he's gotten his soul.

15. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still trying to get my girlfriend to watch it with me. But yea, grad school for me and nursing school for her make it so hard to get time together to watch it. Unfortunately we are long distance, so that sucks even more. But I am glad u like it so far. It just gets better and better each season :slight_smile: Spring break is coming up. Maybe thats a good time to binge lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2014 at 09:27 PM ----------

Those are awesome episodes. I do love the initiative episode. Spike is just so awesome. I mean, all the characters really have their own unique awesomeness haha. And of course willow is just the best lol (aside from Faith who is my fav :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

16. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh! Me! That's me!

I've binge-watched that show quite a few times. My favorite characters are Willow, Spike, Faith, and Drusilla. My favorite episode is probably Hush, followed closely by Once More with Feeling.

17. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha awesome! Hush was a really creepy but well done episode. I definitely liked that one. And i have binged on it a few times :slight_smile: I'm just so happy to meet others who love the show like me hehe. You know, I hadn't thought about Drusilla. She was pretty awesome as well. And so was Darla. I definitely have a thing for bad-asses lol.

18. SheikahOfTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah we are long distance too. She usually tells me to keep watching without her since she's seen the show so many times, but usually I'll just wait until the next time I see her. and I'm spending most of spring break with her so that is likely what will be done! :icon_bigg

19. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's awesome. Yea you definitely wanna treasure the time you have together. And I don't blame you for not watching it without her. I've seen the show many times, but I still wanna watch it with her. It's a big part of who I am and I wanna share that with her too hehe. I'm just a tv geek lol I'm envious of you guys. I wish I could see my girl over spring break. Hopefully I will fly over to Canada during summer to visit her :slight_smile: Who knows, maybe we can watch Buffy a little bit lol

20. Kreiger

Its such a great show, but its impossible to get my friends to watch it, I'm gonna have to sit them down and force them to watch the first season one of these days.