1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Grime Fans Are F*cking Idiots

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

There is a gay grime rapper that came out half a year ago, and all I hear is Homophobic and Racist crap posted on it. I didn't expect everyone to be ok with it, but thw majority of the comments were complete and utter bullshit. Are all Grime Fans this Thick-Headed and Pig Ignorant?!

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Macklemore is a distinct exception, but truthfully I don't expect squat from that group. Call it a prejudice if you must, but rap is an innocent genre populated, in the mainstream at least, almost exclusively by undesirable people.

[youtube]lMWnZaJ-zLU[/youtube]

To be sort of fair, I understand even many rap fans hate Lil' Wayne. **I can only speak as an American here, but this is supremely unacceptable, and nobody in the crowd seems to object.

#2 Argentwing, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  3. ZenMusic

The only intelligent rapper I listen to at the moment is Angel Haze.

4. Daydream Harp

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is Grime? Is it a rap group or?

@RSwordsman: Considering the rampant misogyny, glorifying of rape and murder, drug dealing, homophobia and bad influence on the kids in mainstream rap (nearly all of it being stuff Lil Wayne does too), I don't think dancing on the flag is the worst possible thing that could happen with these guys

5. ZenMusic

Grime is British Rap Music. I'm actually disgusted I ever listened to it. I always have Lady Sovereign though...

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't listen to it so don't really know the extent. But yeah, dancing on the flag is only horrible in its symbolism. Those other things are horrible for concrete reasons, and while they may only say those things to sell music, I do think it has a huge negative impact on society.

7. LiquidSwords

Grime is sort of a subgenre of hip hop, almost exclusively British and a pretty distinct sound from hip hop.

To sum up the genre:
    Roll Deep "When I'm Ere" music video - YouTube
    Dizzee Rascal - 'I Luv U' - YouTube
    Wiley (Eskiboy) - Wot Do You Call It - YouTube

Most kids I grew up with used to be into it and I'd love to defend it here but I'd say it's still a mostly homophobic genre. I mean hip hop in general is changing so quickly re attitudes towards homosexuality, just like society in general, but grime does seem to be lagging behind, and it's a shame.

I'm drunk so hope this makes sense, but yeah grime is still quite homophobic, although plenty people involved who aren't, but still I hope the genre will be more accepting to this sort of thing not long from now, because I love it and know a lot of kids who love it too.

8. ZenMusic

Wiley is the King Of Grime.

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2014 at 09:00 PM ----------

Lady Sovereign came out as a Lesbian in 2010, and noone's heard from her since.