1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Recommendations

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CharlieChalk, Feb 13, 2014.

1. CharlieChalk

Hey all.

Long story short, I am moving soon (Off to Qatar) to start a new job and the apartments that I am going in to don't have internet (some sort of upgrading works). Anyways, as a big fan of music, I wanted to download some new stuff so I can listen to it when settling in over there and stuff, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some new stuff :slight_smile:

I don't have any specific in mind, but artists I do like are: Paramore, You Me At Six, We Are the In Crowd, The Material, Darling Parade, Pentatonix, Kelly Clarkson, Sara Bareilles, Tonight Alive etc.

Any and all recommendations would be amaaaaazing!

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Im Just Me

I'm gonna take a shot since I really don't know if you'll like the groups/artists I recommend, but they're great and definitely worth a shot. (Btw, A+ on the Paramore, We are the in Crowd, and Sara Bareilles. I like Kelly Clarkson a good bit, too.)

My biggest music suggestion for anyone is He is We. Lots of great music, I suggest giving a couple songs a listen before making a decision. There are some powerful sad ones like "Breathe" and "Kiss it all Better" and some sweet love ones like "Everything You Do" and "All About Us" along with tons of other great stuff. Give He is We a try, for sure!

Other suggestions would be Vanessa Carlton, Evanescence, A Fine Frenzy, Christina Grimmie, Meg & Dia, Daphne Willis, and Florence and the Machine.

I could really go on forever, I love music. If you particularly like any of those, let me know and I could suggest some more with a similar sound :grin:

3. CharlieChalk

Hey!
    Thanks for the suggestions - sorry my list was a little small, I didn't want to bore people haha.

I have listened to a few He is We songs and I definitely agree - I will look further in to their stuff and give the rest of it a go :slight_smile:

Also, big Evanescene fan haha so that's a solid recommendation :icon_bigg

In terms of, like, other (smaller) bands I like, I liked Hey Monday when they were still around and VersaEmerge etc. We are the Kings and Parachute are also pretty good :slight_smile:

(Side note based on your WATIC A+: Have you heard/streamed their new album yet? Oh boy, it's gonna be a good'en! :icon_bigg)

4. duende84

Matthew Mole - Home we built, Jason Mraz - Love, Jack Johnson - Inbetween dreams, Ryan Adams - Gold, Diana Krall - Girl in the other room