1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

britney will drop a new album, do u still have faith in her?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by neverover, Jul 8, 2008.

1. neverover

the same date as the last album this year. producers are saying that this new album will be her best ever. and the good news is, shes sober now. u guys know how good her work ethic is.
    but do u think this time will work?
    i vote yes. im very excited for her...

2. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I havent listened to any of her music that came out after the 3rd album. :eek: I wonder what kind of style its going to be.

3. total mo

total mo Guest

will it sound like baby one more time?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She has one of the most loyal fan bases in the world...which I completely don't understand, but there it is. This could go two ways - either the album will be good (meaning, it'll appeal to people outside her hardcore fanbase), or it won't be.

If the album is good, it'll go #1 and sell a couple million copies.
    If the album isn't good, it'll still go top five and sell about a half millon copies.
    If the album is good, I'll have a lot of people telling me that their faith in Britney was justified, and I was a hater to even doubt her.
    If the album isn't good, I'll have a lot of people telling me that the new album actually is amazing, and I'm just not giving it a proper chance because I'm a hater. Oh, and the NEXT album will be the one that proves everybody wrong.

Lex

5. neverover

^HATER! :slight_smile: she will succeed, and u will do that phsyco-analisis of yours again about the positive things about her. i remember what people said when gimme more was released, before vma and the whole blackout thing. and i think its you, wasn't it, who said that it was britneys best works?....
    maybe im wrong

6. davo-man

Well, actually, Lex had this to say about Break The Ice:

Hahahaha, oh that comment came back to bite you, didn't it Lex?

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    QFT, davo. I typed that at a moment of supreme clarity. Let it never be forgotten. :slight_smile:_

Lex

8. neverover

i mean the gimme more hype in the other forum... before i got banned. u sure remember danugh, lex?

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

LOL. LOL.!!!!

LOL.
    Lex, I love you.

10. sexyalex

I am Britney's #1 most dedicated fan and hairy or Bald i will love Britney 4eva! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

I for one am surly looking forward to this new album; if she was under soo much pressure when she did Blackout and it came out soo well with highest album rateings....i most definetly am looking forward to this new album.

I was watching an interview on "E" with her producer and sound co-ordinator "Timberland" which he has some of the best rythems in the business right now. Her dad is doing a marvelous job with her and I hope she stays this way. I see nothing wrong with a working mother going out to parties in the night...after all many corporate poeple put their babies to bed and go out at ngiht. But since it's an issue for Brit, then i hope she just does what she has to do. :slight_smile:

I have never been more obsessed with anything in my life like Britney and I love her to death no matter what the media says about her. She said on a tape earlier this year that america calls her blond and stupid, but america is the stupid one for beleiveing everything they see on the media and I AM NOT EVEN AMERICAN and i felt the power in that message.
    She has a point. I mean come on! :dry: "Chelsea Lately" and "The Soup" is not BBC news :rolleyes:

-Alex

11. LOVEjames

-.- When I saw the title of this thread, I literally said "Whaaaaaaaaat."

o.o If it sounds anything like her last album, I'm going to go insane.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure I remember Danugh. He's the one I thought was being paid by Uni because he wouldn't stop tallking about Rihanna's "Umbrella" song. Or, and he converted straight guys.

And for the record (again), I don't hate Britney. I just don't understand the love. I understand people going ga-ga over Kate Bush - she really charts her own path, and has written some stellar music. Or Whitney Houston - she's got amazing pipes. Or Madonna, who works her image really well and has written some great pop.

Britney? She sings OK. And she can dance OK. That's it. There are Britney songs I like quite a bit, but frankly, I don't love them because of her. They're well-written pop songs with killer hooks. They're produced so that they're memorable and fun. Britney's contribution consists of singing, and gracing us with her presence in the video. Quite often, she does a real good job singing the songs. Lately, her presence has been almost invisible on her own songs - that could've been ANYBODY singing through most of Blackout, it's so processed.

The Britney fanbase seems very insistent about her, too. Whenever something positive happens in her camp, all the credit goes to her - she's amazing, she's talented, SHE put out this amazing album, and she totally deserves all the praise. Whenever something negative happens, they assign the blame to ANYBODY but her - the record label forced her to record the album, the label pushed the wrong single, she was too tired before the VMAs, the media won't leave her alone, whatever.

My parents taught me that I need to accept the bad with the good. If I'm gonna put my name on something, I better be prepared to take the criticism as well as the praise. And I think that should apply to everybody, even Britney.

Lex

#12 Lexington, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  13. total mo

total mo Guest

oh please, gimme more of britney.

14. neverover

^oh, god. yeah! i remember the grammy winner, rihanna. god, he make a thread full of rihannas ella ella ella. he doesnt seems to be very nice, tho. he gets mad when ppl post the same thread like him.
    and for britney, sorry to say it this way, the one who should be blamed is not britney. the one who pull out all of the critics from her, is the phsyco fans, like danugh. dont blame brit, shes too much under pressure, now.:slight_smile:

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>and for britney, sorry to say it this way, the one who should be blamed is not britney. the one who pull out all of the critics from her, is the phsyco fans, like danugh. dont blame brit, shes too much under pressure, now.

Bingo. Just like that. If the album kicks ass, it'll be because it's Britney, bitch. If it doesn't, it'll be the record label's fault, the media's fault, the producer's fault, the songwriter's fault, and probably Jimmy Hoffa's fault. Anybody and anything but Britney's fault.

I have my favorite artists. I listen to their stuff, I love them, I'd call myself a fan. But I'm not blind to their faults. I have roughly twenty albums by Herbie Hancock that are amazing. But I also have a few that are wretched. And you know who I blame for them sucking? The guy whose name is on the cover. I don't blame CBS for trying to get him to write a hit pop song - I blame him for thinking that he thought he could. I don't blame the Waters for their dull disco-lite singing on Monster - I blame Herbie for calling them into the studio. Similarly, I love Prince - got all his stuff, and some of it is unquestionably genius. Then there's New Power Soul, which resembled nothing so much as a guy chasing a bus pulling away just before he gives up and says "Screw it". It's half-hearted, it's behind-the-times, and it's dull beyond measure. Who do I blame? Prince. His name on the cover, his album, his fault.

Lex

16. For some strange reason, i still have faith in Britney, to be fair, she used to make fantastic music in my opinion.

I hope it has more collaborations on it, like when she done Me Against The Music with Madonna and Boys with Pharell, they were both awesome songs

17. ltb2511

her collaboration was brilliant with madonna!
    I do have faith in her, she's always came out on top this time should be no different! :slight_smile:

18. LOVEjames

Whenever I hear 'Me Against The Music' - I think of the parody of it where Madonna wants some of Britney's youth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbFyBS3V7c[/youtube]

19. Arrk

I'm not the biggest Britney fan, but I do think this album might be a change from the last one. The only reason I think the other album wasn't as well received by the public was because it was released after the VMAs- which of course damaged her rep.

On a more random side, her song Toxic is the most played on my iPod, haha. I love the high hook and the bass line.

20. jroakwood

i will always have faith in britney.
    anyone who knows me knows that. hahah.
    i do have a feeling this one wont be so party/dance as blackout though.
    she has some good demos that arent party songs at all, and i think this new album will have some of them on it.

whoever lost faith, probably didnt have THAT much to begin with...

britney is a legend, and whoever doubts her will perish. :dry::icon_bigg
    (hahah. okay, maybe not.)
    but they should just accept it that she'll be around for quite a bit longer.