1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does family guy offend anyone

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XTREMEZish, Feb 18, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So yah does family guy offend anyone. Or cartoons like that. Personally it doesn't offend me but it does offend anyone else out here?

2. willycubed28

I really don't get the humor for it to offend me. I just don't like shows like family guy or south park.

3. ThePhoenix

it doesn't offend me from what I've seen but I don't enjoy the show or its type humor personally so I really dont have much to say about it.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2014 at 11:13 PM ----------

I agree with willycubed about those certain shows.

4. Candace

I find Family Guy funny (but no as much as South Park or the Simpsons). However, I can see HOW the show could offend someone. Now, there are moments where I find the show funnier than others and where I say "yeah, that was bad writing, the writers could have done better instead of having a stupid cutaway gag or recycle a worn out joke", but overall it's "decently funny", imo.

By the way, I think Seth McFarlane looks like a douchebag. Didn't he get blasted for something he did at the Oscars??

5. Emberblaze

I think family guy has kinda lost touch with itself. If you go back to the first season, it was actually somewhat family oriented, but these days, it's a looot less.

Be that as it may, I still like the show (though I haven't seen it in about a year). It doesn't really offend me at all, but its a funny show i guess.

South Park on the other hand, Im sorry, but I just hate the show. The one episode I saw involved one of the characters promising a boy with cancer that he'd win a hockey game for him, then they lost brutally, and then the boy with cancer was watching the game on tv and he said "there's no hope..." and then he died.

Yeah. I don't think I'll ever like that show.

6. Simple Thoughts

I enjoy Family Guy myself. Honestly though there was one joke on the show I found completely distasteful. They made a 'shaking baby' joke and it really just kinda made my stomach turn. So they've offended me personally exactly 1 times. lol

South Park gets way the heck out there sometimes.

Oh I know what one you're talking about Ember. I'm pretty sure it was an episode about realism. Not every person comes through and saves the day or some such thing. With South Park there is usually a statement to society in every episode. They tend to over exaggerate our problems in the world and give their own take on em.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really in 1999 when family guy first started it sucked! That's y they got cancelled in 2002. They were brought back in 2005 they were ok hem they got better as the years went by. I've only really been offended by there gay jokes but the shows so damn funny I can't stop watching it. This past year they've had some really suckey episodes. It hasn't been as funny lately also when they tried killing off Brian I don't know what the hell they were thinking. Anyway fans were so disgraced about it the network was gonna get cancelled so they brought him back. That wasn't there original plan. Also Vinny was ok but Brian is better.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not so much. The only thing that gets really fucking old is the hate towards Ida (I think her name is).

9. Candace

You mean Meg? Oh yeah...I really agree with you on that one. They had an episode recently "Seahorse Party" or something, and they had it where the family was inside the house during a hurricane and that gave Meg the chance to lash out at everyone and make everyone apologize to her. Anyway...somehow in the end Meg "accepted" that she would have to be the "lightning rod" that would absorb all of her family's antics, thus everything was back to normal.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It offends me how much it sucks lately.

11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I feel bad for Meg... but I'm not a big fan of Family guy... now south park on the other hand... comedic gold lol

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    South Park hasn't been funny or relevant since like the 11th season...

Where the hell is that sad face emoticon?

13. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I liked the cash for gold episode... the lil jingle in it xD and the hobbit one lol

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    South Park has always struck a fantastic chord of comedy for me. I even go as far to ship Kenny and Butters (because, if you think about it, Butters is likely transgender, and the one guy to date him almost solely for it would be Kenny). Nevertheless, some of the humor can be way out there, but I think that's kind of the point of the show. It goes as far as to make fun of itself, so I've never seen the true offense there.

Family Guy is always hit or miss for me. Usually a miss, sadly. I loved the Blue Harvest episodes, those were fantastic. But otherwise, it just seems way overridden with jokes way overused since 08.

15. FrozenFae

It doesn't offend me in the least. I don't care for the show very much and think its rather stupid, but it doesn't offend me.

16. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I usually enjoy the show and havent taken any personal offense to anything I've seen in it. That said I do think it's sometimes uncreative with its jokes and tends to enter lowbrow territory often

17. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of the material in Family Guy can definitely be considered offensive by some. What saves it imho is the fact their jokes make fun of just about every demographic, often within the same episode.

18. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I take no offense. The whole meg hate is getting a bit old. Sorta beating a dead horse.

19. antimacy

The Meg jokes make me really sad, honestly. I feel bad for the character and how she's nearly constantly shamed for her body and mocked relentlessly for no reason.

The episodes saw before I stopped watching included a jokes about domestic abuse and sexual assault.
    And I don't find either of those things funny.

So I don't watch Family Guy anymore.

20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehh hard to be offended by an inferior writing staff.

(Jk. I just like to think that because I don't get the humor at all).