1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just finished the anime 'Monster' !!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    OMG!

This is officialy my favorite anime story of all stories i have seen, read or heard on books, movies and series.

Not only it was entertaining, but also i found it very inspiring and with many feels and messages. Human fragility, the importance of identity, the importance of life, creating good memories to overcome traumas and vices. Child rights is recurrent theme too.

On other note, Johan is an increidibly deep and conplex character, i dispised him in his evilness, but i felt sorry fo her everytime his vulnerability escaped him, also one cannot help but feel awe at his evil badassness. He is one of my favorite villains, just like Tenma is one of my favorite protagonist, i would love to meet someone like him in real life.

There is so much to say but i will leave it like this...

Now, who else digged/ is digging this anime series?

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell yeah! I watched it and it's one of the best anime I ever saw! It was interesting to learn about Johan. I found him to be a horrible guy but his psychology was endlessly fascinating. There's no denying Tenma felt responsible for the creation of the monster. How could he have known and yet yes this does raise some interesting moral questions! Such cat and mouse. I couldn't stop watching! I think some people are put off by the length... I don't remember many boring bits.

3. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Yes, some people consider it slow and long... But i found i liked the pace, its more suspense, mistery and exploring rather than action. It doesnt go WAM BAM BOOM some shit happened and the PUM machine guns and super powers... It was rather an story that prefered to gradually grow and develop complexity, and the narrative is great, i never got bored, it alternated between revealing hidden secrets, character development and intense burst of persecution... By the way i love both styles, i like attack on titan too for example.

But to me monster is more intimate, it pressed some emotional buttons in me, it just felt right. It engaged me mentally and emotionally. I could even say it had a permanent effect on me, i feel changed. I like the optimist after taste that came after all the troubles and tragedies...

4. Mysz

It's spectacular! I'm a fan of the subtler animes, and Monster was a good length without dragging out. If someone comes from a high-end anime like Naruto or Fairy Tail (which is pretty much just "I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS!! or "I BELIEVE IN YOU SASUKE!! combined with ridiculous power-ups the whole time), then it's hard to adjust to something of Monster's level. But Monster is definitely a work of art. Tenma's ethical dilemma in the beginning was very nicely done. Save the poor boy or a rich man? He really endears himself to the audience with the choice he makes.