1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right to nitpick

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XTREMEZish, Feb 22, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

so yah does any one nitpick everyone movie they see? I know a lot of people do it but there is so much stuff I notice in many movies that ticks me off. Does anyone else do this, like a lot, like at every little thing that bothers you.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing as it usually makes the movie less entertaining (and I feel it would establish me as a snooty douche), I try not to. If somebody asks if something is realistic and I know the answer though, I would readily talk about it.

3. FrozenFae

I can't help but nitpick a lot of newer movies. Like the grouchy grump I am (and yes I know this is a cliche) I just feel newer movies are nowhere near as good as classics. I feel Hollywood has run out of creativity except for a select few individuals and relies entirely on pointless remakes and CGI effects over a good plot and acting.

4. Beetle

I do nitpick a lot, as an animation major (who is also interested in film) but I can still enjoy a movie regardless. All movies have flaws.

5. setnyx

if i don't really like movie i try to find things wrong ( cup in left hand then in the right) kind of thing to amuse myself.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As another point, once you have a functional knowledge of how space works, you have a hard time watching sci-fis such as Gravity XD. It was mostly pretty great, except for when the pair was jetting around on the MMU from one station to another. Orbital rendezvous isn't quite that simple hehe.

7. Foxface

I don't nitpick with the exception of one movie and that's because I had knowledge of the material first hand and it grated on me

Otherwise I just watch and enjoy

8. XTREMEZish

For me not nitpicking logic, but characters, no humanization is a bad thing, no well established character arks. Really bad cinematography, panning is too fast or too slow, the plot, tokens. I nitpick way too much

9. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all, I tend not to notice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Kreiger

I nitpick a lot, but I try not to let it affect my enjoyment of the movies. For example, I love the Resident Evil movie franchise to death, even though I know they're ridiculously stupid. I only do it in front of my friends who enjoy tearing apart stuff, because some can find it pretty annoying, so I try not to do it in front of those friends.