1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Abyss?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

I just finished watching it, and maybe im just slow, but i didnt get it at all.

My friend from work loaned me it and insisted i watch it. But as i figured out as i watched, its basically a sci fi film and sci fi makes my brain malfunction. So...yea.

But i really didnt understand most of it. can someone explain what happened?

2. davo-man

I haven't watched it in ages, but wasn't there like a huge alien monster thing down in the deep ocean that was getting pissed off that all the humans were making wars and whatnot so threatened to tsunami their asses, but then the alien saw how Woody Harrelson sacrificed his life to find out what the alien was up to and wimped out on the whole tidal wave idea?

Hmm, bear in mind that it has been years since I've seen it, however I do remember that the whole movie was really cool until it brought aliens into it. Like it would have been really cool if they had just gone down deep and the dude had gone crazy an tried to kill everyone.

Wikipedia Article

Edit: It seems that I have only seen the Special Edition. This is the synopsis of the ending:

3. Steam Giant

You need to see the special edition of the movie to really understand it. They cut out some very important parts for the original release, which did a very nice job in transforming the end of the movie into utter nonsense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: if you saw a tidal wave around the end, you saw the special edition.