1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentatonix

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CharlieChalk, Feb 25, 2014.

1. CharlieChalk

2. kaypulu

PHEW THANK YOU! I've been thinking of making a topic about Pentatonix for a while now but hadn't bothered to, because I wasn't sure if it already existed.

Slightly off-topic; Do you watch Superfruit, Scott and Mitch's youtube channel? More like the youtube channel of the year, best show on the internet, you know.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE PTX! Five people my age made a cover of one of Pentatonix's covers in our huge music event and that's how I got into them. At first I thought that they can't be real and that they seem a bit cocky, but that was quickly brushed off. I love basically all of their covers and I watched their Sing-Off segments from youtube.

Favourite performances are Dog Days are Over, Let's get it on (mmuh gawd best thing I ever heard), Love Lockdown and Born to be Wild.

From their youtube channel I love Pusher Lover Girl, Evolution of Beyonce, Daft Punk (was obsessed with these tree for a short period of time) and Can't Hold Us, Save the World/Don't You Worry Child.

Their voices and singing ability are ridiculous. I also love Scott's own cover's I mean this is like musical perfection I just can't

I Should Tell Ya Momma On You - Scott Hoying (Red Cover) - YouTube

And I love Mitch's rapping and singing and everything he's like one of my ultimate idols. Can I say F-I-E-R-C-E?

iKevin - Mitch Goin' Hard - YouTube
    iScott - Singing Chicago in Atlanta - YouTube

Okay I'll tone it down now. It's just that I REALLY enjoy PTX. Like truly really.
    (ok I can't stop, just have to say that they have a great sence of humour what I've gathered from their non-music vids just like wow. Wow. WOW.)

3. CharlieChalk

HELLO FRIEND! :grin: (*hug*)

Have you heard their latest cover? Oh wow, it may be one of my favourite ever! :slight_smile:

I also really like Love Lockdown, Radioactive, Show you How To Love, As Long as You Love Me/Wide Awake. Oh man, soooo many!

I haven't been watching SuperFruit that much, but I intent to when I have a more stable internet connection.

I can also vouch that they have a good sense of humour - I met them all when they played London in November 2013!

What was the cover the 5 guys made? :slight_smile:

4. HarleyQ girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My good friend introduced them to me, not as a band, but a lifestyle! I've been hooked since the first song, and can't begin to choose a favourite.

5. CharlieChalk

YES! :grin:

We all have great taste :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's awesome that they are starting to get a lot more recognition!

6. kaypulu

Ahh the say something cover is beautiful, but I have to say I like the original a bit more. It's such a beautiful song, but the beauty is in its simplicity. Not saying that PTX version isn't good, it's amazing. But I just love how emotional the original one is :slight_smile:

Gosh I want to see them live so badly but I would have to go to another European country to see them - I don't think they're going to visit my country :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:! Did you get to talk with them after the show??

And the guys and girls in my school sang royals. It was pretty much spot on, like wow.

7. CharlieChalk

I agree. The song is fantastic! Both versions :slight_smile:

I hope one day you get to see them live!

And it was beforehand, but yeah, there was a little chat and I remember saying something stupid - but I did get to hug them all, which was pretty awesome :thumbsup: haha.

8. ckgay

9. ChameleonSoul

Yes, more Pentatonix fans! I still remember their beginnings on The Sing-Off... ah,the memories. My favorite covers would probably have to be Can't Hold Us, Radioactive, and Daft Punk Medley. There was also a time where I was absolutely obsessed with The Wizard of Ahhhs. Only 32 days left until I see them in Boston! Can't wait!

10. CharlieChalk

Have you seen them live before?!
    If not, you are in for a treaaaaaaat! :grin:

11. Envira

Oh, I love the pentatonix. I don't see much of them anymore, but they're incredible.

12. TheShyGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Their covers of "Royals" and "Pusher Love Girl" are probably my favorite by them!

13. CharlieChalk

I actually like their version of 'Royals' a lot lot more than the original!:eusa_danc

14. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are amazing. I've only known about them for like a week and can't stop listening.

15. TheShyGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So do I!

16. CharlieChalk

[/COLOR]
    Oh boy, I'm excited for you!
    I remember just finding out about them and my mind was blown!
    I mean, they still amaze me now and it's been two years :grin:

17. Ehm

Ehm

I love PTX! They're really cool. The first video I've watch was the evolution of music, and that my favorite. :slight_smile:

18. TraceElement

I love PTX! My current favorite songs from them are Royals and Radioactive. I watched them in Sing Off and fell in love from there.

19. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

PTX is amazing. I even watch Mitch and Scott's youtube channel superfruit. There's a mini documentary out of them on tour. Check it out if you haven't seen it already. My favorite songs are everything on PTX vol. 2, especially Valentine and Hey Momma/Hit the Road Jack. Run to You brings instant tears. And their rendition of Carol of the Bells gives me great story ideas, so I love playing it while I'm writing. This group is just greatly talented and I love how humbled and fun loving they are.

20. Bran

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE THEM!!
    Literally, everything they do is amazing! Mitch and Scott = superfruit, awesome. They recently did a 'Frozen' medley with Kirstie, brilliant!
    I also have a HUGE crush on Avi :frowning2: (he's straight)