1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Haddz, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Haddz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anybody body else playing?

So far I think its a bit rough but enjoyable.

1. Has a steep learning curve with the crafting.
    2. Didn't take risks like it should of done.

I will post screens and such if requested.

2. Cas

Cas

Is it any good, really?

I've signed up for beta testing, but I'm afraid to try it. I've heard a lot of negative things.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is the one that twists my gut every time an MMO comes out. Strip away the most superficial details, and it's the same as all the rest of them! TES has one of the richest histories of all RPG series. Why'd they have to make it the same ole' schtick!

</rant> I don't hate ESO. To the contrary, I think it's pretty cool. But I don't like it as much as Skyrim, and I don't like it a sliver as much as I love Morrowind. Why? Mostly because TES are great single player games, and they tried that approach with their MMO. Unfortunately, there is a finite amount of times I'm willing to see a "you're my only hope" introduction and practically have to stand in line for all the other newbies being the chosen one along with me, then fight using cooldown abilities on the number bar. That number was surpassed somewhere among Star Wars Galaxies, LOTRO, SWTOR, and Neverwinter, all four of which felt fundamentally the same.

Point being, if I made an MMO, its high concept would be more like that of Runescape. No "savior of the land" main quest given to thousands of players, but more emphasis on the social atmosphere and character customization. I play single player RPGs for an immersive change-the-world sort of game. You just can't achieve that with massive multiplayer.

#3 Argentwing, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014