1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The song "Let it Go" from Frozen

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by willycubed28, Mar 1, 2014.

1. willycubed28

The song "Let it Go" from Frozen has just become one of my most favorite songs ever. I so identify with it. I heard it for the first time a few days ago, and I am moving to Florida for a job, but also to get away from everyone that shuns me because of me being gay. I can't stop listening to it. Anyone else love it? If you haven't heard it, here is the link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

2. Night Rain

I didn't like it at first when I heard it on Disney Channel, but now I can't get it out of my head. :grin:

Is it just me or do Disney songs (Reflection, Let It Go, You'll Be in My Heart,...) always have some hidden LGBT messages?

3. lasthopeofmine

YES! I've always thought I was the only one who thought that.

4. willycubed28

I always thought some of them do. I couldn't have come across this song at a better time in my life when I am making a change and actually letting things go where I am currently at.

5. BelleFromHell

Can't get over how awesome that song is. I've listened to it too many times to count and I almost know it by heart. :'D

6. Molgera

I love that song. I've found that a lot of people I know (especially the LGBT community in my area) really relate to it.

7. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Part of your world :wink:

And yes I love this song!!! its amazing, I hope it wins an oscar tomorrow :grin:

8. Kat kanu

we sing it at work .... lol its really a beautiful song

9. Querying

Totally agree- Let it Go is the themesong to my life (hence the signature, elsanna ship pro pic.. Might be a bit frozen-crazy?)

But also, Reflection.. There's a second version, and while the original is subtle, this one shouts LGBT. Check it out here and share it with your buddies..

Disney's Mulan - Reflection (Original and Full Version) - YouTube

10. Sorceress of Az

I feel a lot similar to you about Frozen and Let it Go.
    Though I am still far in the closet about my gender and orientation.

I listen to it, to try to give myself more motivation, though the fear of coming out to my family is too great, and under current circumstances my life would most likely be in danger if I came out of the closet as well as my bipolar father might also commit suicide if he found out. So I am sort of between a rock and a hard place, it simply isn't time yet for me to come out all they way, it might never be,
    but that song is what broke my emotional wall and helped me stop self-denying that I wasn't straight. Now that I am no longer in denial about my gender identity and orientation I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, Let It Go, Let it Go, no turning back any more...
    "Conceal don't feel, don't let them know, The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn't keep it in heaven knows I tried." - I have always been the type who repressed her/his emotions and never dealt with them, but before I started accepting I was Bi/Gender-fluid, I decided I didn't want to do that any more and that's a part of the huge puzzle that began toppling over all my Innermost Barriers I had put up, all those years of emotional walls came crashing down, slowly, but that song took what had already happened and shattered it like glass. I am not one to cry, but I began crying the first time I heard it, at the time I wasn't sure why, I was so good at repressing things I couldn't even remember what I felt or why I repressed those things, so good at lying even I believed my own lies at times, in denial to the point where I was essentially a machine that just adapted to each situation as it came. Now however I will only lie when I need to, and I will never repress my thoughts or emotions any longer, that doesn't mean I will always vocalize them aloud but I won't try to shove them to the back of my mind bury them in my sub-conscious and forget about them, no more. It was my friend who showed me that song, and I even denied I was crying when he told me I was, it caused my emotions to surface to such a point that it took a whole week for me to come to terms with how I felt and figure out why it triggered such a response. From my perspective, psychologically speaking though I had left that room since then, I hadn't ever came back to that room till I told my friend why it had such a profound impact on me, and he didn't judge me, or mock me, he didn't ignore me or try to push me away, but he listened to me, and that to me shows how good of a friend he is and now I think I might be in love with him but I haven't told him. I was so scared of telling him and my other friends but instead of reacting the way I thought they would, surprised or mockingly each of them just accepted it. I now feel closer to my friends than my own family, because my friends know and my family doesn't.

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2014 at 11:54 PM ----------

Disney's Mulan, is gender-oriented in it's "hidden messages." lol

I'll make a man out of you.

Reflection.

Not to mention Mulan disguises herself as a man, though for reasons different than a trans-person would.

I am gender-fluid so some times I really identify with that movie, though, in my case I am some times a girl trapped inside a mans body, that's how I feel today, it's just plain gross.

One of my friends always uses the phrase: "grow some balls" when trying to get me to conquer my fears, the last time he did it, was on a day I felt mostly female like today, and I told him: "I'd rather grow breasts." - he laughed for several hours. lol

11. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like that song too and for me with being gay and single that reminds me kind of the song paradise by cold play I cry when I listen to that song because it makes me feel lonely but good at the same time.

12. BelleFromHell

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. (*hug*)
    My mother is bipolar too and I also have the disorder. While she's never been suicidal as far as I know, she's extremely dramatic, and whenever I try to talk to her about my oreintation, she immediately tells me to stop talking, and she wants me to pretend that I'm not homosexual in front of my little brother in fear that I'll "corupt is mind" or some stupid shit like that.

13. BelleFromHell

Thiis reminds me of a quote from Betty White.. :roflmao:

Attached Files:

14. BelleFromHell

"Reflection" was one of my favorite Disney songs growing up. :icon_bigg

15. Aelan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let it go is the best disney song ever if not the best outright. If you don't think so you are souless!!!!.

FYI demi lovato's version is good on its own but crap compared to Idina menzel. I want to have sex with her voice. I don't even need the rest of her.

16. BelleFromHell

I couldn't agree more! It IS the best Disney song ever, and Idina Menzal's version is way better than Demi's! :icon_bigg
    I even found the Japanese version of the song just so I could translate some of the lyrics and compare them to the original English lyrics! :grin:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvj3-MZO9Tw[/YOUTUBE]

17. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But then you have the Serbian version, oh my god

18. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't even. I love this song. It's a bit annoying when I hear people sing it at school (when they can't sing for crap) but i love it nevertheless. I love Idina's voice. Wicked, Frozen, Rent, etc. It's always amazing. Anyone gonna watch Idina Menzel perform at the Oscars?

19. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm watching the red carpet pre-show, going to watch the oscars.

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2014 at 06:06 PM ----------

Colours of the Wind(Pochantas)
    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvvZ1TEQRB8[/YOUTUBE]

Though this is very, very subtle.

#19 Phoenix92, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  20. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It won. IT WON. ItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwonItwon

:grin: