1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zak, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

One of my favorite movies now is the South Park movie....South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut(i think)...it is sooo funny. "Im superrrr..thanx for asking, all things considered i couldnt be better i must sayy...." Holly, you have to ahve seen it right?

2. Malchik89

because of that movie, i have been on a journey to "find the clitoris" lol yeah i love that movie, i saw it when it first came out...so i was what 8 years old? xD my mom wouldnt let me see it, but my dad loves south park and he let me go see it. Yeah...that could possibly where my swearing habit rooted from lol

3. pirateninja

The answer to that question is exactly the same answer to "Is Cartman a mad, deliquent, sociopathic, anti-semitic, fat, spoilt brat?" :grin:

Yes, being the short answer. :roflmao:

Haha, YAY! A thread dedicated to the best movie (in my opinion) EVAR! *dances aboot, w00ting like a mad thing that's just had a lot of sugar*

Okay, nao, time for me to show off just how sad I am. I think this movie is best summed up in the words of Matt Groening:

"Out of all the previous TV series that have tried to do movies, South Park was the only one that managed to not wreck the actual series by doing a movie."

Truer words were never said. :grin:

Plus, I absolutely LOVE the fact that it is a musical. I don't know exactly how they did it, but it only added to it. I can't think of a single song on there that I would get rid of, or that detracts in any way. I even bought the soundtrack as soon as I could, and annoy the hell out of my parents singing "La Resistance Medley", "Mountain Town" and "I'm Super" when in the shower. They are wonderfully catchy, great fun to sing, incredibly hilarious and really only make the movie just so much better. I can't imagine it without the songs.

Best part has to be "Uncle Fucker" though. When I first watched this movie (seems so long ago now), I was shocked at how, just three minutes in, it launched into a song where every other word was "fuck" and had a fart solo in the middle. I was in hysterics. It was just so "can a movie actually go this far?" and in the slight pause when people are walking out, they say "What garbage!" "Well, what do you expect; they're Canadian." I just love that line.

Some of my favourite scenes include the Kenny death scene, just after his fart-lighting attempt goes horribly wrong. "Kenny, we have some bad news, we accidentally replaced your heart with a baked potato and you have about 3 seconds to live." :roflmao: And just after that when Cartman says "I bet him he could do it, I bet him $100" "Come on, Cartman, it's not your fault." "I know I'm just fuckin' stoked I don't have to pay him!" Oh so Cartman-esque. :grin:

And also just the lead up to "Uncle Fucker" is always hilarious, no matter how many times I watch. "Well, fuck my ass and call me a bitch!" "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" "Oh you shit-faced cockmaster!" I don't know why I find it so funny, but I love Terrance and Phillip, and I love the boys' reactions, when they're dancing in their seats and repeating everything, it's just brilliant and so what kids would do. :grin:

And I love how Big Gay Al makes a reappearance. And when they want to stall the show; "Well, I did write a song about the war, but we haven't rehearsed." "Sing it." "Oh, I can't" "SING THE FUCKING SONG!" It's just hilarious. And "I'm Super" is just one of the best songs ever. EVER.

OH OH OH, and that scene where they want to send a message out to kids, but Stan wants to find a web search on clitoris, but they end up on "German Sick Fetish Video" :roflmao: "DUDE! It's a lady getting pooed on!" That is such a classic scene.

And people think "Springtime for Hitler" is in bad taste.

And even though this film DOES go far; it kills Bill Gates, it has Chef asking if a General knows the emancipation proclomation, only to be answered "I don't listen to hip hop", it has Stan managing to find the "clitoris", the list goes on. But as always on South Park, it does have morals:

1. There are worse things in life than children seeing movies with just bad language. "Just remember what the MPAA says: Deplorable violence is okay, as long as nobody says any naughty words!" Oh the irony.:roflmao:

2. If someone, even someone you love is doing something unjust, sometimes you have to take a stand and say "Look, you're going aboot this completely the wrong way". I absolutely love the scene where Kyle just stands in front of Terrance and Phillip and just says "I'm not gonna let you kill them, Mom!"

3. Don't foist the blame on just anybody. Just because Terrance and Phillip are Canadian, the parents latch onto that and say "They're Canadian, and so it's all Canada's fault that our kids like toilet humour!" It's like the last line of "Blame Canada!"; "We must protest and cause a fuss, before somebody thinks of blaming us!" Responsibility must be taken and sometimes it's simpler to take that responsibility, because the consequences can be dire if we don't (ie, Terrance and Phillip being put to death, starting a war with Canada etc)

4. The whole prejudice thing; when we first see Satan in this film, he is mocking and torturing Kenny, but we find out later that he is very insecure because of Saddam and just really wants to have a loving relationship. And then he sings the thouroghly tear-jerking song "Up there". I do love Satan in this film, Trey and Matt just made him such a great character.

Well, there's my love expressed for this film enough, I think I shall finish this essay long reply with one of the best lines ever:

"After all that, it was Cartman's filthy fucking mouth that saved us all." :grin:

4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Wow, Holly. You just wrote an essay! :roflmao:
    I should say that you're just a tad bit obsessed

:slight_smile:

5. pirateninja

Did anyone expect anything less? :roflmao:

I think what makes it even more obsessive and wierd is that ALL came off the top of my head, no researching lines from the movie or anything.

I need to stop watching South Park. Or not :grin:

6. Beebo

Lol Holly, you rock.

7. Jebs

Holly I think we should have a knowledge off about South Park..

8. pirateninja

You're on! :grin: May the best South Park fan win!

9. Zak

Zak

Haha....Holly would win hands down...i love South park..soo funny! I knew Holly would reply....thats why i made this thread!
    Ugg..i have to be 17 to buy the movie...i just tried to at walmart....=(

10. Jebs

So how do we do this... Haha.

11. Zak

Zak

Umm..make a thread and questions

12. pirateninja

13. interstella

I love that movie. The first time I saw Kyle's Mom Is A Bitch, I nearly died laughing XD