1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiona Apple

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

Not sure why, but I was randomly feeling some Fiona Apple today. Anyone else around here like her? ^^

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg!!!! Fiona Apple!
    I have all her albums on my ipod!
    If she release(d/s) then on vinyl, I'd definately get them.

"Heaven help me for the way I've been, save me from these evil deeds before I get them done."

3. Simple Thoughts

Yay! I'm not the only one who listens to her ^^

4. HarleyQ girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I adore her! She has such a smooth sound, she lulls me into an enchantment every time I listen to her.

5. kem

kem

ah I love love love her so much!!! her newest album, the idler wheel is my absolute favourite album, 10/10. I can relate to her music on so many levels it's crazy considering how fucked up the woman is. she is one of the most brilliant songwriters I've ever listened to, on par with Jeff Mangum.
    "let's pretend / we're 8 years old playing hooky / I'll draw on the walls
    and you can play UFC rookie / then we'll grow up / take our clothes off / and you'll remind me that I wanted you to kiss me when we found some time alone"

#5 kem, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. Simple Thoughts

Yeah I was in the mood for her music last night ^^

She's got a sound about her that I find wonderful. Beyond that she's actually got inspired lyrics as opposed to people anymore who just slap a couple sentences together then repeat the same handful of words over and over again. *sighs*

Have you heard her version of 'Sally's Song'? Her and Evanescence's singer Amy Lee have both covered that song, and Fiona Apple's version is way better. Which for me to say something is better than Amy Lee...well it doesn't happen alot xD

7. kem

kem

Yup, heard it. I like her laconic take on it, prefer her version to Amy Lee's. Amy has a great voice but I think it sounds a bit contrived to be honest.

Wow, I just watched the music video for her cover of 'Across the Universe', and she looks so young! I don't really like her covers because her own songs, understandably, suit her vocal style a lot better.

Fiona Apple & Blake Mills - I Know (Unplugged 2013) - YouTube

8. Simple Thoughts

I love her cover of 'Across the Universe' ^^

I saw you posted up some lyrics of her's. I liked that song. I don't think I've ever heard it before, but that part you put in bold...I can see why you did.

9. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
  10. transational

her latest album is worth my money.

her covers 'why try to change me now' and 'across the universe' are two of my favorites of all-time... and I'll say it. It is better than the originals.

11. Simple Thoughts

Usually when Fiona Apple does a cover it turns out 'better than the original' she has a way about her. I like the vibe she gives off, I love her lyrics, and I love the sound of her voice. She's absolutely brilliant.

12. Foxface

she is in one of my created playlists on youtube. I called it Angst...it's literally female, 90's angsty songs like Zombies, Fiona Apple and Alanis

but yes Fiona is wonderful

13. Simple Thoughts

Sounds like a nifty playlist.

I'd need Hole and Garbarge for any 90's playlist I made xD

14. Foxface

well I am mad with my playlists. What I do is pick a song I love. Then I usually choose songs that match it's intensity AND decade because for some stupid reason that's important to me...and I will build a playlist off of it and name it an emotion or silly name. Like I have Spice which has late 90's, early 2000's pop music starting off with the Spice Girls (yeah I know...)

Or Debbie which is built out of the amazing female pop singers of the 80's

I digress...

Fiona was a phenom back then and still relevant today if I do say so

15. Simple Thoughts

It's understandable to keep them by decade. I mean usually a certain type of music will be in the spotlight for awhile. Keeping it by decade captures a certain soundtype that people were vibing to.

Fiona was amazing, is amazing I suppose since she's still releasing music. ^^

I don't organize my music honestly. It's usually a giant mess of randomness. I remember I had one playlist that'd play Evanescence one minute then I'd be listening to Weezer then some japanese pop song would start playing then it'd go into some song where people screamed at you and then Shakira would come on singing in spanish xD

16. LibraryKitten

Out Status:
    Some people
    She's practically my idol. ^.^

17. kem

kem

It's off her newest, probably the most experimental album to date. I think it's incredible that she can compose an album that is so definitely "Fiona" but still sound so different! It's the record I heard first, and somehow I just felt this instant connection with almost all the songs on it! They are all brilliant — except Jonathan, track #4, it is the only one that isn't up to par with the rest, but 1 slightly mediocre song out of 10 is an outstanding accomplishment.

I could go on and on and on about it really...
    Anyone who is a fan living in the US should go see her as soon as possible, she might not be around for long unfortunately. (have you seen how she looks?)

18. Simple Thoughts

No, I haven't seen how she looks. 0.0

Oh well I'll have to find some time to check out her new album. If that was one of the songs on there I'm sure it's amazing :3