1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Was Michael Jackson Attacked So Much

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

It's not enough that people called him a freak even at the start of his career, these terrible, terrible stories were made about him for the next 20 or so years of his career. So why did they do it and what did Michael ever do to deserve them?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apart from the kids?

But seriously, fair enough, start of his career was cruel. I watched a documentary once where he basically pinned his whole obsession with surgery on one woman who really hurt him bad as a kid.

To be honest the things he did surgery-wise which always made him the butt of jokes are not so very different to anybody else who modifies their bodies in ways most people don't consider 'normal'. Jackson ended his life looking like a skeleton and got the piss taken out of him for it, but he always has people saying that we shouldn't be mean to him about it because he's famous. Countless non-famous people get a body mod, and they are all fair game, you get barely anyone standing up for the guy with tattoos on his face or that person that turned in to a tiger!

Then there was the whole 'did he molest kids' thing which really rather speaks for itself.

3. Nikky DoUrden

Also the change of his colors, at least when I was younger I thought he did it on purpose because he didn't want to be black, but later on they say he had a condition of some sort :astonished:

4. Simple Thoughts

Leaving the whole 'kids' issue aside. ( I really don't know what to make of that. Mainly because I'm not sure whether it's true or false )

The guy had issues. Plain and simple. From the age of like 5 his family pushed him straight into the spotlight. From Jackson 5 to the end of his days Michael Jackson was a product of the media and constantly hammered and weighed down with obligations to the adoring public. The poor guy never really had any fair shot at a childhood, and no ability to even contemplate what normal is like. Beyond that who knows what his family did to him in all that time, probably terrible and horrid things.

From a small child to the moment he died the guy never had so much as the faintest glimmer of hope for anything close to a normal life, and as a result he had a lot of issues that no one was willing ( or bothered to care enough ) to deal with...thus we have all the strange and odd things he did over the course of his life.

It's actually kind of sad really.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Michael was part of the Jackson 5 and just was one of the five Jackson boys.

When his own career took off, I'm sure he tried to differentiate himself by all of his behaviors that made the news, the excessive plastic surgery, and general immaturity. His fan base had to have been young, so he couldn't be a 45 year old that acted like a 45 year old.

Then, all kinds of accounts surfaced about his childhood. They said that the family was very religious and that his father was a handful - as in abusive. Thus, many suspect he was trying to relive the childhood he never had by having that ranch (Neverland?) and hanging out with kids.

Except for 1 or 2 of his songs, I couldn't be bothered with Michael Jackson. However, I suspect he was in a lot of emotional pain and I do feel bad about that. Since many of us here have experienced significant emotional pain of one type or another, I'm sure we understand emotional pain.

6. ZenMusic

I just think if he did molest kids, do you honestly think he'd be able to keep his own?

7. Simple Thoughts

If you have enough money and enough fame you can do whatever you want without consequences. Just look at Justin Beiber.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given enough $$$, almost anything's possible. Hard to say, though it didn't look especially on the level.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've thought about this a time or two, though I don't dwell on it. I think he was emotionally stunted and probably enjoyed the company of kids more so than that of adults who he might have found foreboding. Of course, anything is possible. However, I think that molestation was not part of the equation and the kids over at his ranch or castle were more about replicating childhood slumber parties than foul play. My 2 cents on this.