1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jebs, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Jebs

I don't know if I'm just really slow to catch onto Skype, but it is truly amazing. If you haven't checked it out, you really should. It's kind of like AIM except you can call people and use your webcam. I just lost my cell phone and moved, so it is how I talk to my parents and friends. I suggest downloading it. It is 100% free from Skype user to Skype user!

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

:roflmao:I bought this laptop a month ago and next to the webcam it had a little skype sticker that i neglected to read. I got free video and voice calling Yay!:eusa_danc

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Voice calling is OK in skype but IMHO Skype is a disgustingly bloated program that doesn't have any hope of running on older PCs and labours new computers.

On the otherhand I've been using MSN with video and voice for years and I will agree, it is an amazing way to keep in touch with friends/ family abroad. I find the webcam is a great way of showing things.

But I do like the emo emoticon in Skype.

4. Arrk

Yeah, I tried Skype once but I really haven't bothered much with it because the MSN video chat is great. My family uses it to chat with my mom's brother and his family in Mexico since we don't go over there often. I should give Skype another chance though... :].

5. Bryan44

This thread is really old and I guess that shows how far behind with this Skype thing I am. Anyhow, Ive had Skype on my computer for a little over a year now and just this past week used it for the first time. I Skyped with my younger sister which is pretty awesome because I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. So I really liked being able to see her and talk to her. My mom just got it too so now we can actually see each other everyday. Just thought it was pretty awesome that my family and I live far away from each other but Skype literally puts me back in my house again.