1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mad Fat Diary

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by caughtbywitness, Mar 6, 2014.

1. caughtbywitness

UK teenage comedy/drama. It's so so good, now in it's second series for Channel 4 (E4). Based around the real diaries on Rae Earl, who has weight issues and has just come out (in series 1) of a mental hospital. It's refreshingly brutal with some of the things, as it combats issues face on rather than wiggling round them.

Can catch up online but the next episode is on Monday, 10pm E4 for UK people. Episode based around the gay character, too.

Here's the trailer for series 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHk3moJC_Dw
    & Series 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmqLvgUd-s

Anybody watch it?

2. King

Yep I watch it. I watched the first series, but didn't know the 2nd series was out until the second episode so I had to watch it on 40D.

I think it is good at challenging obesity and mental health issues head on by displaying the complexity involved. I quite like the Inbetweeners style sexual discussions and the embarrassing situations, such as the disabled toilet incident.

Archie, of course it gay and I reckon as the series progresses they will explore this issue further. It can't be easier coming out as gay in the 1990's and in somewhere as socially conservative as Lincolnshire.

3. LiquidSwords

I'm enjoying it a fair bit. Reckon quality has dropped a little since first season but it's still very watchable, and soundtrack is very good too.

Rae outing Archie to his 'girlfriend' end of last episode was not cool, fallout will be interesting to watch though.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm loving this show!
    The episodes are only 45 minutes but feel like they're so packed with events and stuff.
    All the characters are perfect!

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favourite TV show at the moment. I was skeptical when I saw the trailers for the first series, but I'm glad I gave it a chance - there's really nothing else that I enjoy watching. It's a refreshing change from Hollyoaks in any case.

#5 imnotreallysure, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  6. King

To be honest anything is better than Hollyoaks...What a terrible programme.

7. Allecto

I love that show so much! I wish it was more popular.