1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer as Folk!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lameo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just noticed "Queer as Folk," is on Netflix, I smell a marathon coming. Who else!?

2. Hiems

I watched the whole series awhile ago. It's awesome. I bet you'll enjoy watching it :slight_smile:

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

US or UK? Safe bet I'll be watching either way, even though I've seen all of US already~

4. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    US, I did not know they had a UK (how is it?!), when I was younger I almost watched the whole series, but my brothers caught me watching it and called me gay ):<

I mean, I might be female, but Queer as Folk is amazing!!!!

5. I watched a few seasons in the last 2 weeks. Michael gets on my nerves, I find his character annoying. lol it's an amazing show though.

6. AbendrothX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had a lot of friends suggest I watch it as I'm gay and they felt I could use some eye candy. I'm very apprehensive as I've heard most LGBT shows are notoriously stereotyped and poorly written.

7. I can tell you that this show's fairly well written. Sure there's better seasons than others but overall the show's quality is quite good.

8. Destiel

I love Queer as Folk! I've been wanting to rewatch it for a while! I hope its on the Canadian netflix tho.. I can't watch US netflix and all the links online are pretty bad quality. So I hope its on Canadian too! :grin:

9. urimisu33

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started watching it. It's so good, but I kind of want to strangle all the characters.

10. kaypulu

I'm literally in tears right now, just finished watching the last episode of season 1. It's like the second season of UK skins all over again, my god...

In the last episodes of season one they included these great, experimental sort of scenes that I absolutely loved. Like when Brian dances with his scarf and the music that is playing in the background, it was perfect. And the other being Emmet's one night boyfriend from the king of Babylon episode. The humour aspect of it, again; the music, the contrast between Emmet and his mister, and Ted and Blake. It was so funny, so Emmet and so on point.

What a great series.

11. Ravi-VIXX777

I've saw bits of it, but only was curious of how the sex worked. First gay drama I've seen.

12. Poe

Poe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is how I feel about Ted and Lindsey.

I own then series on DVD and watch it a least once every few months. By far my favorite lgbt series.

13. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I love the U.S. version. Brian is such a jerk sometimes but I love him. His whole I-don't-give-an-F attitude. I wish I could be a little like that. I was so obsessed with him and Justin's love story. I wanted Debbie to be my mom. I may be a lesbian but I couldn't stand Lindsay and Melanie. They were so boring. All they did was have babies and then fight about custody. The boys were much more interesting.