1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macbook internet being stupid...help!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Malchik89, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Malchik89

Ok so my desktop runs on comcast internet and the main modem box thingy is in my room so i get the best internet connection. Now i have my macbook that has been working just fine, feeding off the connection from my modem and ive gotten a really good connection. But since yesterday my mac has been unable to get a connection even though the box is right there. My internet on my desktop works just fine but my mac still wont pick up a connection. Anybody with a mac on here have connection problems like this, and if so, do i just wait and hope for a connection?

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I dont know if this is same issue but my comcast modem is connected to a wifi router and when i moved the desktop with modem and router i had to unplug all power to the modem for 5min and change my isp on the router to get connection on my laptop again.