1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Every Shade

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IcelandLover, Mar 12, 2014.

1. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I thought I'd share my newest song, "In Every Shade." I just today finished perfecting it, though the music and the lyrics were written on December 31, 2013. It's about my ex-best friend and my first unrequited love; our friendship died abruptly when our first church found out of my sexuality and shunned me and my family. There was no time for a goodbye, or for reasons and explanations. It just… ended. And it shattered me into a thousand pieces. That was 3 years ago, and to this day I still get emotional over it, although this song put an end to that desolate chapter in my life. I hope you like the lyrics, as I dont know of a way to post the music.

In Every Shade

I never tended to our love
    Nestled deep under the snowy wintertime
    Of olden days come and gone.
    And I never made my way back home
    Through the frosty dandelions of the spring
    That you and I would sing into bringing warmth; only with you can they bring

Summer, it breathed slowly when you were by my side
    So long ago, but now that's over.

Still, I hear you in the wind
    In every breeze that strokes me*I feel your caress
    Laughing with a happy me.*
    And yet, I see you in the green
    In every shade of viridescent foliage
    Watching over me…

And that sends warmth through me. :dry: *

2. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry that happened to you. The lyrics of the song are really good, but the song does seem a bit short to me. You might want to expand on it some more, but overall it was good. :thumbsup:

Are you planning on becoming a professional singer and/or songwriter?

3. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much:slight_smile: And yes, I plan on becoming just a songwriter (because I can't sing for my life LOL) but at the same time I plan on doing something else, because, unless you are Beyonce or something, writing music doesn't really pay bills :lol: I really wish though, that I could post the music here :tears: