1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emo band suggestions?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wolfxinxchains, Mar 13, 2014.

1. wolfxinxchains

hi! i loooooooove screamo, rock, metal and punk. bands include three days grace, disturbed papa roach, panic! at the disco, green day evanescance, and (some) falling in reverse. some bands im planning on listening to are Black veil brides, asking alexandria, and escape the fate. any suggestions?
    thanks,
    Adam

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

My chemical romance? they were pretty big when everyone was going through that emo phase.

3. wolfxinxchains

oh yeah! thats an awesome band!

4. Simple Thoughts

The Used

A personal favorite of mine. I think they fit the bill.

5. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Omg I know right I just started listening to their songs again and now whenever I'm on the train to go to uni I just listen to cancer and dead :') and also a whole bunch of glee songs.

What's a good song from The Used?

6. wolfxinxchains

thank you for the suggestion. i will make sure to listen to them. (*hug*) AND OMG YESH GLEE.

7. Destiel

I really like "For All Those Sleeping" "Dead by April" "Flyleaf" "Sixx:A.M. (more metalish than screamo) or "Devil Wears Prada (Christain screamo)" are some bands I find really good. I'm more into the heavier kind of stuff though, I love BVB but they're not as hardcore compared to the one's I've listen. "Dear Whoever" have a unique sound that doesn't work for everyone but I like them. Also, a good band that isn't really screamo, more alternative, but they do have one song with a bit of screaming is "Los Campesinos!" they're good. The song by them with some screaming is Plan A.

Hope you like my recommendations!

8. IsThisAName

You'd probably like Flyleaf. Female fronted band kinda similar to Evanescence. VersaEmerge and Tonight Alive are two other really good female fronted bands. I met the singer of Tonight Alive last summer at Warped and she was super nice and a total babe.

9. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Semi-Precious Weapons, Smashing Pumpkins(you've probably already heard of them lol), and Pixies(them too, I can't think of anything original right now)

10. timo

Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon

I like them and gahhh I feel old now

11. Simple Thoughts

Depends on what specifically you're looking for. I'd suggest 'Box Full of Sharp Objects', 'Listening' or 'let it bleed' if you like screaming songs.

'All that I've got', 'Cut up Angels' or 'Bird and the Worm' would also be good choices

12. BelleFromHell

I listen to Linkin Park, Evanescence, Incubus, Three Days Grace, and KoRn, but I'm pretty sure you've heard of all of them. :lol:
    I also used to listened to The Cure and Smashing Pumpkins. My mom loves nu-metal, so I pretty much grew up on it. :icon_bigg

13. Abbra

Cursive isn't really an emo band per se, but their songs are very full of emotion. They're my all time favorite band because they put so much soul into their lyrics.

I strongly suggest their Ugly Organ album, but be sure to listen to the tracks in the right order. It's more powerful when you get the story in order.