1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music 8 Artists

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by aspie musician, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Just wondering what type of music is listened to by members of this site.I am always interested in discovering new music so it would be interesting if names of composers/bands/etc can be made.I attempt to listen to a fairly wide variety.So yes,a list of 8 artists from any particular genre would be appreciated very much.It does not have to conform to a particular genre either. Background to genres of music I listen to: Classical,Metal,Gothic Rock,Jazz,Psychedelic, amongst many others.

My 8 bands/composers/etc in no particular order of favoritism/genre:

1)Rachmaninov
    2)Debussy
    3)Opeth
    4)Bauhaus
    5)The Sisters of Mercy
    6)Marilyn Manson
    7)Nirvana
    8)Bartok

Looking forward to responses(if any).

2. Paisley

Hmmm... my 8 are probably...

1. Brad Paisley
    2. Taylor Swift
    3. Hans Zimmer
    4. Ho-Kago Tea Time
    5. Led Zeppelin
    6. Gustavo Santaolalla
    7. Ingrid Michaelson
    8. Flogging Molly

in no particular order.

Man that was hard, since my taste are all over the board.

3. Cool-know Hans Zimmer,Led Zeppelin,Flogging Molly. Yeah having a busy day,so just named the first 8 that popped in my head.If I took my time then it would most probably be more eclectic though so hope my selection was not too boring.I find it hard to just stick to 8 haha but that's probably because of my obsessive nature. Thanx for the comment!

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2014 at 11:34 PM ----------

Wondering whether 60s,Reggae,or Psychedelic music will make its way on here...Always interesting to know what music people listen to!In any case,eagerly awaiting more responses!

4. Ah.Okay.Not quite my taste,but to each his own.As far as I am concerned music is a very personal thing,so whatever people listen to is up to them.There is no right/wrong.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 12:28 AM ----------

I hope that did not come across wrong.I seriously do not mind what people listen to.I have listened to some more mainstream/poppy things myself as an example.And taste does evolve over time for many.People seem to think that I am not ''supposed'' to do that since I am a Classical musician,so my taste does tend to amuse and confuse at times...thing is I find listening to non-classical music to be a very enjoyable experience and it does tend to serve as a relief from the 2nd Rachmaninov Concerto at times hehe.In the end music is therapeutic and to each his own.If it makes one feel good,then who cares what others say/think.As far as I am concerned just the fact that someone is willing to listen to music is already a positive.Obviously I am allowed to say ''not quite my taste'' just as everyone else is.

5. ZenMusic

I went out of my comfort Zone with Owl City, and they are amazing, would like to listen to more Electronica music, but I can't really find anyone. Main interest is R&B Music, so :
    Conor Maynard
    Ellie Goulding (Pop-Electronica?)
    Ciara
    Angel Haze
    Kelly Rowland
    Michael Jackson

6. Okay.I like some soul artists.Owl City-do not know it. Know some of the artists you mentioned.

7. ZenMusic

I like Sevyn Streeter, Cassie and Zendaya too.

8. Mmm...do not know them either...I listen to a bit of James Brown(although that has fuck elements as well) and Marvin Gaye at times...But then again I also listen to things like Shpongle and Infected Mushroom...can not really place myself in a particular genre.Will do some research later onwards. Thanx for being so open and sweet about the comments PS Wow,being out at 14 is a really brave thing to do.Respect!

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 04:25 AM ----------

Eek typo funk not the other word haha

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 04:25 AM ----------

Shpongle

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 04:28 AM ----------

Better get some work done.That was a rather embarasing Freudian slip.I am rather sexually deprived hehe...Fine for you I suppose,but has become a bit of an issue for me at 25 years of age.Oh well...

9. Faults

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  10. Yay!loving all the suggestions!Will make a mental note

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Nirvana!
    The main type of music I listen is rock, especially alternative rock
    1) Pearl Jam
    2) The Beatles
    3) Fionn Regan
    4) Nirvana
    5) Stone Temple Pilots
    6) Alice in chains
    7) The Rolling Stones
    8) Bob Dylan

12. Pearl Jam-Oh yeah The Beatles-Oh yeah Stone Temple Pilots-still want to listen so thanx for reminding me Bob Dylan,Rolling Stones-Awseome!!! Alice in Chains-like.Fionn Regan-have not heard that yet. I also listen to The Smashing Pumpkins and Cat Stevens.I used to have a Nirvana T-shirt...

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes! Smashing Pumpkins are awesome. When you listen to Stone Temple Pilots try listening to "Plush" or "Big Empty". They got a new singer so there new stuff is different (imho worse) than their older stuff.

14. Will do that!I started the day all depressed and sleepy.Now that I am reminded of music I feel all hyper and happy!

15. Ah.Some Rap...Nas and old-school!Cool!Know all of the other artists...thanx for the links!!Molto appreciated!!!(yes bi guys are also allowed lingo hehe).Coool...Rap/Hiphop wise what grabs your attention?

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 08:03 AM ----------

Have not listened to rap in awhile...What do you like?Cypress Hill?Kottonmouth Kings?Tupac?

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 08:08 AM ----------

Oh wait.Know MOST of the artists...thanx for the links!!

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 08:13 AM ----------

About to listen. Have not listened to Guns N' Roses in awhile.Have you ever listened to Velvet Revolver?If so,what do you think?PS Cool quotes

16. ZenMusic

Azealia Banks is an OK Rapper...

17. Okay.Do not know Azealia Banks...will check it out though.What other rappers do you like?

18. Villo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1) 4MINUTE
    2) Hyuna
    2) Trouble maker
    3) SISTAR
    4) T-ARA
    5) Brown Eyed Girls
    6) Girl's Day
    7) 2NE1
    8) Girl's Generation