1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Stuff on Impulse ('-_-)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Saint Otaku, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Saint Otaku

So all you middle-class kids with jobs have probably been there. I've decided this little expenditure will be spent on books and I need your help for two or more purchases. I'm looking for something heartfelt, maybe tragic, maybe manic, maybe surreal and/or absurdist, with strong characters and solid plots. I've already got:

*The Abhorsen Trilogy. I am in love with Garth Nix's work, but haven't read this acclaimed series yet.
    *1984. A classic and re-readable favorite of mine. I've been needing my own copy.

Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

2. Saint Otaku

Actually I've been searching, and I think what I want is my first gay manga. If anyone has any ideas, please share. I don't mind if it's explicit, as long as it has a good plot and characters -- something rare in yaoi, I'm sure... :slight_smile:

3. Paisley

I remember back in middle school I fell in love with this one manga called Loveless. I think it's still going too.

4. Gen

Gen

I am not familiar with manga, but I remember hearing Loveless recommended by others before as well.

I just had to comment and share that I am all too familiar with the book-buying struggle. Those expenses stack up and it is a very addicting process. I had to stop buying physical copies, but the fact that ebooks are cheaper is hardly beneficial considering how easy it is to immediately acquire them. It just makes you buy more...

5. Paisley

This is why I refuse to buy ebooks unless its absolutely necessary. I already buy to many physical books, that run from $10 to $60 easily, and I haven't even gotten through half of them. I can't even imagine how many I'd have if I did buy e-books.

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Almost bought a snazzy-looking hard copy edition of a webcomic I'm fanboygirling about. Alas, I could not pull the trigger. So Impulse Fail for me. :frowning2:

7. Saint Otaku

Alright, so the online retailer I was using had no manga which caught my eye, so in addition to the four books I already listed, I also bought "The Color Purple" (not read) and "Dancer from the Dance" (not read).

8. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I relate to the thread all too well. Except for the fact that I buy movies... Just today I bought Wolf of Wall Street and Silver Linings Playbook. Last Week I bought Frozen, Catching fire, and American hustle. It's sad really. Also, I tend to buy classic literature although I have yet to start them. I bought Alice in Wonderland and Oliver Twist yesterday. It's a dangerous illness. It gets worse when I have a lot on my mind.

9. Saint Otaku

I just bought the movies "Princess Mononoke", "Castle in the Sky", and "Beautiful Thing" not too long ago, and on the same site... no regrets!!! >:-D

10. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Speaking of no regrets...
    [​IMG]

Bought that movie last week too...

I've always wanted to watch castle in the sky. Big fan of Spirited Away and that was one of the previews. I think I'm going to have to look online for it :dry: