1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreign art films/ Drama/Cult Classics

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by aspie musician, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Just wondering if anyone could suggest some foreign art movies/dramas/cult classics to me...

Here are some of the films I have seen:
    Boys Dont Cry
    The Basketball Diaries
    Kinsey
    Amelie
    City of God
    Fight Club
    Pulp Fiction
    Eyes Wide Shut
    A Clockwork Orange
    A Single Man
    Brideshead Revisited
    Mysterious Skin

I welcome any suggestions(PS They do not all have to be quite so serious either)

2. blond

I don't know any foreign art or drama films. But i know a few cult classics.
    To start: blade runner, its like a sci-fi noir film, the mad max trilogy if they count. Escape from new york, and if you like starwars theres fanboys.

3. grumpyb18

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you liked Amelie, you'll probably like Delicatessen (directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet as well). It's much darker than Amelie though, but still good in my opinion.
    Recently, I've seen The Hedgehog (2009) and I thought it was really good.
    Cleo from 5 to 7 is a film I'd recommend too. :slight_smile: Same for The 400 Blows (and probably any film by François Truffaut).
    If you like musicals you should like Jacques Demy's The Young Girls of Rochefort and The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.
    Sorry for the overwhelming amount of French names here. ^^

4. myriadharbour

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you liked Amelie, I think you would like Frances Ha or Submarine. Trainspotting is a really good movie (with Ewan McGregor as a heroin addict - so that's good). I guess Donnie Darko is kind of a cult classic, so is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Sci-fi (if you're into that) Brazil is kind of a 1984 future movie, pretty good. ^Blade Runner is an awesome movie. Mystic River is a really good drama, and if you like Quentin Tarantino, then basically all of his movies are wonderful (especially Reservoir Dogs or Inglourious Basterds). Oh and foreign, try A Separation (Iranian) or The Hunt (Danish), or Amour (French). That's all I can think of now, but if you hate all of those, I can come up with more!

#4 myriadharbour, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really love French and Italian films of the 60s-70s era. I'm glad to see The 400 Blows mentioned; this has to be among my all time favorite films. It's funny, when I get my hair cut, I bring in a photo of the main character, and say, "Cut my hair like that." nI have a film poster and a script for this film, even.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    La Vita e Bella.

Soooo good.... Soooooo sad.

7. Hi everyone!!I have seen Delicatessen and have seen quite a number of Tarantino films.Oh and I have seen Trainspotting.None of the others though-so thanx for the suggestions so far!Will do some research and downloads at a later stage!Cool!If someone else wants to mention more films,please do not be shy to do that.I may not get time to check EVERYTHING out hehe but all the suggestions are appreciated greatly!

8. Bran

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you'll enjoy "La fille sur le pont" (The Girl on the Bridge, 1999) with Vanessa Paradis and Malèna (2000) with Monica Bellucci.

9. Dont know it.imdb time!thanx!