1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ninja Turtle Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by willycubed28, Mar 29, 2014.

1. willycubed28

So, I am not sure when it is coming out, but there is a new remake of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie coming out starring Megan Fox as April O'Neal. Now, I grew up with the tv show and the movies, and loved them. Honestly I am afraid they may mess up the new remake. The previews sort of look like every single Michael Bay movie. Hopefully this movie will be different than how I envision it to be. I am however going to watch it when it comes out in theatre's and just hope I haven't wasted any money.

Who else was a fan of the original ninja turtles, and how do you feel about the remake?

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've loved them for a long time. I still have my original action figures, along with some of the first few over-sized comics. And my TMNT plushies!

And it's funny, but I always wondered if maybe Donatello would come out as gay :slight_smile:

I'll go see the new movie, as I loved them growing up. With so many remakes, I'll go just for the fun of it, to see how it is.

3. willycubed28

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw a trailer. To be honest, it didn't really blow me away.

I may be wrong though....

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Straw_berry

Didn't April O'neill have blond hair in the old film Nyu~? Also I've heard that the TMNT's in this film are going to be aliens instead of mutated turtles, though I may be wrong Nyu~ I just hope they have Splinter Nyu~

6. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a big fan of the Turtles, I've seen all of the movies, but I haven't watched even one episode of any of the shows. Judging by the trailer, I think Megan Fox looks good as April, but the Turtles look rather terrifying especially without their masks.

7. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

So I'm glad someone made a topic on this. I want to rant really bad about it, but I won't try to. If you didn't know the absolute original TMNT was a dark set of comics not meant for children. Now if Micheal Bay went full on for that kind of movie on TMNT then I think it could be ok but its Micheal Bay and his a joke. But as you can see this is like transformers, gritty so kids feel its a adult movie. This movie could be passable if they just went full on kids movie. I mean in all honesty this movie is insulting. Nickelodeon has the new show that is doing great and is fairly good and now there making this? Ok I should stop but last thing I wanna say is that the turtles look out right DISGUSTING! Ok rant over sorry.

8. Sully

Interesting that they cast Megan Fox, I thought they really didn't get along during transformers.

9. Abbra

Why does Micheal Bay keep making gritty reboots to franchises that got popularized for children? That's a really weird market for the most testosterone driven director in recent years.

Actually, scratch that. It's actually genius.

As for the actual movie, eh. I liked the show as a kid, but I really didn't think it held up well at all. I really haven't liked the series that much other than the nostalgia. That, and I don't like Micheal Bay in the slightest. However, I guess I can't pass judgement on it if I haven't seen it.

10. Ruthven

I really hate the way the turtles look. I think, for me, the human features are a bad mix. And I'm not sure if they're supposed to be human-hybrids or whatever?

this made me laugh:

[​IMG]

XD