1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Goths or Punks out there? Helloooo???

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 101DeadRoses, Apr 6, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

Hi there, I am just a Bisexual Goth wondering if there's anyone else out there like me. I just thought it would be cool to meet some other Goths who like the same sex like me :slight_smile: just curious.

And yes, Goths are capable of smilies.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I'm not really Goth but sometimes I wear some gothics things. I love black!:slight_smile:
    And i like gothic music...and punk, too:grin:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think goths can be hot :slight_smile: but truthfully, it's a dying breed. Especially the older you get, the number of goths decreases exponentially. I think that's sort of the reason they're appealing though hehe, quite rare and it's striking to see.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mate was quite the goth-boy when I met him! And I've always been something of a punk sort, with or without a mohawk, I've always kept the attitude. And I still listen to a lot of the music, though now I listen to a ton of other stuff as well.

I always found punk/goth sorts very hot, and it's kinda sad, because it was very hard to find other people like this, who were gay.

It seemed like so many gay guys were very preppy and kinda boring, like the TV stereotypes. I think that's changing. I see a lot more alternative gay/bi people out there than I used to, but you do still see a lot of the kinda bland look-alike stereotypes in the gay parts of town. I recall going to a gay bar once, and everyone was dressed the same: jeans, the skimpy t-shirts, all the Abercrombie and Fitch, A whole sea of it. I thought, huh, for a group that talks so much about diversity, it's funny how they all pretty much dress the same. It seemed kinda creepy, almost.

I never was much of one for the 'main-steam' gay crowd, or bars, here, I've never felt really at home in them. I mean, I've never seen any gays bards that play punk/goth/alternative music, or have such bands play...it's almost always this kinda disco-pop/Gaga/Madonna/top-40 sorta stuff, which I never liked.

All of this is not to say people can't be preppy and like disco if that's what makes them happy, though it can be lonely for the more 'alternative'/counter cultural gay sort.

#4 HuskyPup, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  5. 101DeadRoses

I'm glad that there are other LGBT Punks and Goths out there. They are rare but it's not a dying breed. They are just shifting, changing, and the old definition doesn't apply so much anymore. Thank you guys for responding :slight_smile:

6. wolfxinxchains

I'm goth-emo so I guess that works lol. my parents don't let me really dress it but who gives a sh*t right? I love screamo, emo, and goth music and a few punk bands as well.

7. Goth here. Hi.

#7 HermioneGaynger, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
  8. IsThisAName

I'm definitely not goth, but my style is definitely punk. When I worked as a youth counselor for troubled teens, they always asked me "are you a skater?" or called me a rocker chick. My wardrobe consists of endless band shirts, hoodies and Vans and Converse and I love it.

9. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel so old if I begin my sentence "when I was 15........" lol Anyway, never been a 'proper' goth myself but I've worn black clothes always and Im always the "gothic kid" when it comes to joking with my friends lol

I do love the punk movement and I'm very into London in the 70's, Kings Road, Sex Pistols and Vivienne Westwood. I've had a mohawk and torn my jeans and had safety pins all over. Now I've kinda calmed down though, but will never change my Dr. Martens!

10. Sorceress of Az

I don't consider myself goth,
    but I have always wanted to wear womens goth clothes and accessories.

11. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

I guess I would be considered punk quote unquote.

12. Daydream Harp

I like the style and music of both, does that count?

(well except for Post-Hardcore Punk, not a big fan of a lot of the bands in that genre)

13. 101DeadRoses

Any of the punks out there dig Drowning pool? Or Rage Against the Machine?

14. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I listen to punk and I usually have something "punk" in my appearence, but not the whole look.

PS: I LOVE RATM :wink:

15. Daydream Harp

Yes and yes, though isn't Drowning Pool technically more of a Nu-Metal band more than a Punk band?

16. 101DeadRoses

Hmm. Not really sure about genres, tend to mix things up lol. Now that I think about it, they really aren't that punk, but a lot of punks like them.

17. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was more goth/punk as a teenager, but while the goth side of me has left, the punk side will always be there! (Still listen to a bit of the goth music.)

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2014 at 09:38 AM ----------

Also, drowning pool are okay.
    But RATM! HELL YES!

18. 101DeadRoses

19. lawRAWR

I guess I could class myself as a punk. Although I like some goth music, but much more punk :slight_smile: Woooooo, I'm glad there are more goth/punks out here!

Rage Against The Machine are amazing, their songs are so fun and get me in a great mood :wink:

20. 101DeadRoses

Me too! I like your avatar.